Possible broken injector tip

Reaction score
Long story short I was sitting at a stop light, truck was running great. I pulled away and it started knocking pretty loud and pouring white smoke out of the exhaust.

I pulled over and looked at the harness ect to make sure everything was plugged in, went to try and crank it up and it's hydro locked. Does this sound like a broken injector tip? Or bad O ring? These injectors probably have 3k on them at most.

Swaan

Reaction score
It could be either one.
Regurdless pull the glow plugs and see what cylinder it is then pull the injector send it back to who ever you bought them from. I suspect a stuck inj or cracked nozzle.
It also could be a inj hold down bolt that was not torqued down properly and backed it self off.

Last edited:
Reaction score
71DACBBC-4771-40B0-AB1A-281F5409468C_zpswvjbehh6.jpg

What the heck would cause this?

Reaction score
Get dropped?

Not since I've had it. The injectors have been in my truck since February-ish and running great. I just changed the oil two days ago and it's been fine. Just randomly happened today when I took off from a stop light. This was an awesome way to Ruin brand new Schaffers oil. :fustrate:

psduser1

Reaction score
I had a 100% nozzle do the exact same thing. Same symptoms. Drug it home, r&r ed the injectors, and one new nozzle, new orings, and good to go.

bluedge8

Reaction score
I've heard some people say that hydro'ing the motor will bend a rod, but I don't know if the starter has enough power to bend a rod or not. Hopefully it's not so.

Reaction score
I've heard some people say that hydro'ing the motor will bend a rod, but I don't know if the starter has enough power to bend a rod or not. Hopefully it's not so.

I'm hoping not. I let off as soon as I heard the starter bind. I'm going to send the injector off tomorrow.

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
I called multiple times last week, left a voice mail. Have a buddy that needs his stock set gone through. Never heard back from Tim

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.