Possible to remove pas. side up pipe without pulling turbo?

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Got it all back together today and WOW, just WOW. Should've done this a long time ago. The worst part about the up pipe was the bolts being seized up. The MBRP exhaust went in easier than the S&B intake. I am very impressed with the overall quality of the system and the sound is awesome. The truck spools faster as well and my temps seemed to have dropped significantly at WOT. I just wish I would've done this a long time ago. Thanks for the help and advice guys.

Jeremyleggett07

Reaction score
Mwilbur I am looks into doin my uppipe soon... Can't afford the shop this time. Anyways I can get that turbo removal PDF from you?

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
The up pipe can be done EASILY without removing the turbo. I'll look for the turbo removal file, but the turbo can stay in place for the up pipe on the passenger side.

MorganY

Reaction score
I got so fed up with rusty bolts, that it was faster for me to remove the turbo and re-install it....UNTIL I learned of long extensions lol

HaysKSFirefighter

Reaction score
You guys getting to those top bolts from the top side or bottom? I looked at mine today, I need to replace the up pipe...with a manual trans, I don't see any way to get my arms in there from below.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
You guys getting to those top bolts from the top side or bottom? I looked at mine today, I need to replace the up pipe...with a manual trans, I don't see any way to get my arms in there from below.

I got mine from the top. I just removed the down pipe. Gravy after that, but I had not rust to contend with.

Latest posts

Members online