possiblet. problem with tuning?

georgerosen06

Reaction score
yesterday my tire light came on my dash so in the h&s minimaxx i tried to turn the pressure down to 55psi so the light would go away till i got my new tires put on today. I shut the truck off yesterday and this morning it would not start. I did not return to stock but just clicked update tune and it started up but now feels sluggish. Should I return to stock and then reload the tune or is it just feeling sluggish because of the tires(more psi maybe) im a newb to tuners and diesels so any help is appreciated

georgerosen06

Reaction score
Just checked for codes, none on engine or trans. tune installed is still hot dam with the shift schedule 2 medium trans tuning. think this weekend I will uninstall and reinstall the tune when i have some time to go WOT

georgerosen06

Reaction score
So I'm going to retune this weekend. Is there anything special I need to do? I'm guessing all you have to do is retune to stock..then do I run it or turn the key to run or what? I don't have the dpf so I don't think I can turn it on without messing anything up more. Then retune to the tune thats on the card? Never had to return to stock before so just dont want to mess anything up...any help would be appreciated guys

georgerosen06

Reaction score
so got bored....returned to stock, reloaded hot dam 300 tune on mild with shift schedule 2 medium. Ran 3 0-80mph at full throttle 2 20-80mph at full throttle and 2 40-80mph at full throttle. Egts stayed pretty low, highest they got was 1375 at full throttle, boost got up to 37psi. Trans after all those runs was at 177 but quickly started cooling on the ride home. Anyone think any of this sounds odd or not normal, please let me know as this is my dd and need her running everyday. Truck just hit 35000 miles been tuned since 27000miles and only have the minimaxx, s&b intake, and 4inch downpipe back exhaust. Thanks again for any info

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
I have had some kooky sheet going on with my rig ever since i went with H&S. I like the engine tuning, but the trans tuning isnt to my liking. SCT is on the way, I wont look back or switch again.

georgerosen06

Reaction score
so the day all this happened I got new tires, went from trashed goodyear at's that had a mean wobble from 50 to 60mph at 55psi to nitto terra grapplers that have no wobble at any speed. The truck drives the same, boost and everything seems the same, doesnt appear to have any major leaks, not losing fluid. And trans is slightly hesitant on the 3 to 4 shift which was like before when I had to retune it (just went away over time on the new tune so I assume this go around will be the same). If I blew a headgasket or something would it be able to tell or is there really no difference in drive ability?

georgerosen06

Reaction score
If you lost a hg there would be coolant everywhere under the hood.

Well that's good I guess as it was one of my main concerns. What about any other malfunction under the hood? Cracked head or anything like that, would it be as easy to spot, feel, hear?

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
You dont have a cracked head. Same visual diagnosis as a hg. Drive the truck, keep an eye on the fluids and check the DCT's every now and then. If the truck seems to be running good, then just monitor.

georgerosen06

Reaction score
Cool thanks forcefed! Did your 2008 just get stolen recently? Other than headgaskets my other fear is my truck getting stolen! Every time I see someone looking around it I get jumpy!

georgerosen06

Reaction score
I bet, a manager at my old job had his stolen from the parking lot at lowes before 12 oclock, was found by the border with no back seats...its a dam shame sorry to hear it

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
Meh. I have a new project now. Go out and enjoy your truck. Be warned though. You are on a slippery slope. We all started where you are and after a while you will want more LOL

georgerosen06

Reaction score
yeah I just got a new job with a raise so more mods are on the horizon!!!! Thanks for all the help Appreciate it!

Latest posts

Members online