Possibly Bad EBP 2004 6.0

JamesPyles

Reaction score
Just recently replaced the oil cooler and deleted the EGR, everything back together and now boost is acting very odd, it now will stick on 6-7 psi or just build to about 7 psi but I can hear the turbo but no boost then boost is 0 and is a dog. up pipe and all that is installed correctly so no leaks there, all boots are on and good, was thinking it was turbo actuator but read online about EBPs going back causing this problem. I have an Edge CTS and checked EBP readings and it woulnt give a reading. Took sensor off and clean it along with tube and reinstalled. Still the same so unplug the EBP sensor and reads boost (bit high but reads) and seems to be normal now. Safe to say before I shell out the $ for a new one this could be the cause? Also when I delete the EGR I left the EGR valve in and plugged it, is that a problem? Figured since its deleted it shouldn't matter if its left in and plugged right? I know they use each other for boost from what ive read though Hope someone can understand what Im saying, not to good at typing and explain just comes out lol

Gary

Reaction score
When you unplugged the EBP sensor the PCM will substitute a default setting.
So if that made a improvement in the way it runs then it sounds like a EBP sensor problem. I have seen this before just like you described.
Do you have a scanner that will read EBP voltage, if so check what you have KOEO and KOER and report back, I can't recall right now what it should be but I can check.

JamesPyles

Reaction score
I have an Edge CTS an the EBP is not even showing a reading. I had higher than normal boost when I unplugged the ebp then went back to the way it was, eratic then nothing. I ordered a new sensor I'm gonna try that this weekend. Along with MAP clean and line check and EBP pigtail check which I should have checked already but just read about that problem. Fingers crossed. Before egr delete and new oil cooler I had no issues I don't get it:/ also just cleaned the turbo unison ring and vanes, dirty but not to bad

Lassie

Reaction score
Do you mean the EGR valve is laying on the engine plugged in? Or is it still installed and plugged in?

Compare the EBP, MAP, and BARO sensors KOEO to check sensors. Should all read ATM pressure and be within .5 psi of each other.

Did you remove MAP sensor nipple in intake if you cleaned intake? I've seen that clogged after this job.

JamesPyles

Reaction score
The egr valve is still in the intake plugged in. No egr delete tuning, I have RCD egr delete kit. I just replaced the ebp sensor and still no reading. I'll pull intake map nipple and clean it and see if that's it. Here's a list of codes I pulled from CTS

P0069 barometric pressure correlation

P0236 turbo boost sensor a circuit range/performance

P0603 internal control module keep alive memory error

P1000 on board diagnostic obd systems readiness test not complete

How often do MAP sensors go bad?

Last edited:

JamesPyles

Reaction score
Well that explains that! Said hell with it and took it on a test drive and seems to be ok so maybe that was a bad ebp I had in there. I mean may be a dumb question but still functions even though edge don't give a reading right? So far no more codes either!

02POWERSTROKE7.3

Reaction score
I don't have a answer for it but I know the edge will always read zero on 04 trucks. Edge does not have a answer for it. I have called several times about it.

JamesPyles

Reaction score
That's odd. What about why I can't run any of the preset programs on the CTS except stock "0" I was running stage 2 before I did oil cooler and egr, I set it back to stock before I disconnected batteries but now it woulnt let me run stage 2 again, or anything other than stock for tht matter. Is there a way to reset the computer in the truck, I've heard disconnect batteries and turn on headlights or something?

Latest posts

Members online