Possibly tranny issue

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
I have an 04 KR with 139k on it and the tranny has been acting weird lately. If I go to reverse or drive it hesitates a few seconds and then goes into gear. It either goes in easy or you feel a solid thud when it does it. Other times it goes right into gear as soon as you move the lever. I'm new to the 6.0s so any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my Pear phone using Tapatalk

Gary

Reaction score
What does it have for codes? I have seen PC-A solenoids cause slow engagement of reverse and drive, but the problem was 100% of the time.

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
Old, worn transmission fluid can do this. If you can find a place that has a heated machine to change the fluid you can get almost 100% of the fluid changed. Only use MERCON SP or MERCON LV fluids!

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
there arent any codes unless they are soft codes. i was gonna check my tranny fluid and see if its low or burnt. its got 139k on the truck

ncdzl

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Old, worn transmission fluid can do this. If you can find a place that has a heated machine to change the fluid you can get almost 100% of the fluid changed. Only use MERCON SP or MERCON LV fluids!

Always heard and read a heated flush creates a **** Ton of issues w these...especially if the fluid hasn't been maintained

06-sixoh

Reaction score
Sounds like the start of my tranny issues. Good luck friend. Change oil...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
Well I checked the fluid and it's right up to the correct area. It's nice and red still. Not burnt at all. Would putting in some Lucas oil help at all?

swinky

Reaction score
Well I checked the fluid and it's right up to the correct area. It's nice and red still. Not burnt at all. Would putting in some Lucas oil help at all?

No, it will work good at first but then it will get bad in a hurry. If youre talking about that stop slip stuff.

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
I'm wondering that too but I have no codes at all. Someone told me there's a check ball in the lines that can cause this issue too. I was told to take it out. Any truth to this?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.