Possibly tranny issue

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking cause just now it wouldn't go into overdrive and when I tried to get going it dropped a gear and tried takin off for no reason. I was barely on the pedal too. This is driving me crazy

Sent from my Pear phone using Tapatalk

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
It just got worse! Pulled outta the local ford and it popped outta hear and wouldn't go back in till I pulled off the road. Help!

06-sixoh

Reaction score
Pull over and pull the codes if you have a scanner. Did it actually pop or did slip? Either way, sounds like you need to have the trans rebuilt. Elite rebuild kit, solenoid and torque converter.

Mine would slip out and my converter ended up layin down on me, and my clutches for reverse and 3rd had hot spots.

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
There were no codes though. A CEL never came on. It actually popped outta gear. If anything I'm gonna go to warren diesel since there aren't too far away from me. The fluid smells a hair bit burnt but nothing bad at all

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
Well it's at the shop and it's not holding line pressure. So they are dropping the pan this morning

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
i put lucas in it and since its not slipping currently im gonna run it till she goes. i gotta sell my cclb obs so i can pay for the trans. ill most likely be getting the comp trans from warren diesel

06-sixoh

Reaction score
When the tow haul blinks its throwing an overspeed error, for lack of the correct term. If i am recalling correctly in regards to the tow/haul light, this means the torque converter is slipping and the trans is sensing thre slip and determining that its spinning too fast without locking. However, i could be thinking of a completely different code. Lol. Been a while since i dug into the tranny files.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mark Kovalsky

Reaction score
Uhm, no. That's a mix of fact and fiction, mostly fiction.

When the tow/haul light blinks it can be any of over 50 different reasons. The ONLY way to know why it blinked is to get the codes read.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.