power at higher RPMs

pontiacross

Reaction score
so I went to swamps last week with my engine with hopes of makeing more power at higher RPM's It took three long days but I think we were pretty successfull:ford:

dyno35.jpg

dyno15.jpg

dyno25.jpg

that was not the highest hp pull we made but definatly my favorite one. 700+hp from 3000 rpm to 4400 rpm with peak hp at 4100 that was about the 20th run we made that day and we think total power was down some due to heat.

this is with swamps 400/400's and an 80/88 bfh turbo and a stock bottom end
we have a lot of fuel left but ran out of time and I decide over 60 dyno runs was enough for one week LOL

these things sound awesome at 4500+ rpm by the way :)

Last edited:

pontiacross

Reaction score
I was but we decided the 400/400s performed better over all so we switched to them. I also had a billit compressor wheel but we switched to the cast and made better over all power. peak may have been a bit higher with the billit but not worth what we lost elswhere. FWIW we also tried a 74mm wheel, 74mm clipped wheel, and had a differant exhaust housing on there early on.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Awesome! Glad to see some RPMs out of these trucks - and there is NO doubt it my mind that these things sound wicked at 4500RPMs. :evil

obspsd

Reaction score
Thats awesome, I love to see stock bottomends doin things like this. It makes me a little less nervous about mine haha. What kinda benefits did the cast wheel have over the billet?

pontiacross

Reaction score
I dont think the high icp numbers were intentional I think jon dropped them down from that. we were more focused on timeing and other things and worried about that later.

pontiacross

Reaction score
So just p-rods/springs/studs??????

Completely amazing. So figuring a 15% drivetrain loss that amounts to little over 650 RWHP?

To quote a movie, thats some next level shyt.

On another note, looking at ICP I see some numbers that were a lot higher than I expected.

I could be wrong but I think jon said that the dyno number were right on with what the track times and speeds came up with hp wise for another engine they have had on there.

I didn't care about the actual numbers much anyway because It looks like numbers very where ever you go depending on the dyno. it was all about more power at higher rpm and we I think we got there....

Last edited:

pontiacross

Reaction score
Thats awesome, I love to see stock bottomends doin things like this. It makes me a little less nervous about mine haha. What kinda benefits did the cast wheel have over the billet?

easier to spool and keep spooled. with less drive pressure.

I think it did about 750 on the 74mm wheel

obspsd

Reaction score
Is that typical? I've always that billet was easier to spool but i could see the cast being easier to keep spooled because more rotational mass. Are you allowed to say what kinda timing yall are running? I'm wondering if that could have something to do with my high drive pressure

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.