Power steering/ braking issue

Tinbanger

Reaction score
Hello there, I have a 2006 f-250 powerstroke fx4., and I'm having a few issues. The problem is when I'm trying to turn while at a good speed my power steering just stops working, and usually at the same time my brakes get really stiff and don't want to work. I checked power steering fluid, and then filled reservoir next to radiator, after I filled that one the fluid became milky? Also when I'm just cruising down the road at times my steering just feels a little sticky? It gets a little scary pulling a heavy load down the mountain not knowing if your steering is going to work or not.

Tinbanger

Reaction score
So I was driving to work this morning, going about 60mph when everyone in front of me started to slow down. I tried, but I couldn't push the brake pedal down. I pushed a little harder, when I finally gave and I slowed down very fast. I need to get this thing fixed. Anymore ideas?

alfonso

Reaction score
My truck just started doing the same anyone have any ideas on what it is?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

renegade

Reaction score
You could have either a weak/bad PS pump or a hydroboost problem. I would flush the system and refill first and then have the pump pressure tested, my 03 had a weak pump from day 1 and a replacement OEM pump was little better. I finally put a AGR brand pump on it and it is several hundred percent better. They don't make a Super Pump for the 6.0 but their replacement still has much better flow and pressure than the stock pump. If it is your pump and I suspect that it is, make sure that after flushing and replacing the pump you put a Magnefine filter in the return line to catch any crud still in the system so you don't mess up your new pump. One other thing, if you run it too long with a bad pump you CAN damage the hydroboost unit as well.

Latest posts

Members online