Powerbroke strikes again.

e99coalbaron

Reaction score
Truck runs, no issues with start. Runs like dog chit though. Blue smoke and raw fuel smell like no tomorrow.

Codes: p0603, p1211, p1249

Just randomly started missing going down the road. checked fuses, all good. cleared codes, came right back.

Truck has the basics, CAI, 5" straight pipe and ts 6 pos chip w/ ts tunes. Been running this set-up for almost a year now.

I also rolled the valve covers off and checked the injector harnesses, they check out as far as I'm concerned. No burnt plugs or loose connections. :shrug:

I'm having a fire tonight and this might be the center of it if I can't figure out whats wrong with it. :cursing:

TyCorr

Reaction score
Wow. I wish I could get that bent outta shape over something miniscule. Im not being pejorative op, but if this is persistent and your diagnoses arent effecting change, have a pro look at it. Or find someone local to help you.

Just my two tarnished pennies...

e99coalbaron

Reaction score
Wow. I wish I could get that bent outta shape over something miniscule. Im not being pejorative op, but if this is persistent and your diagnoses arent effecting change, have a pro look at it. Or find someone local to help you.

I had a "pro" come look at it, he couldn't pinpoint it either. I came here for advice about my truck. Not to have someone tell me to take it to a shop and get screwed over. Not being a dick, but I thought the tech forum was for everyone to get help by other knowledgable powerstroke enthusiasts. You can spend your two pennies elsewhere is you're going to be a douche about it IMO

neverkickn

Reaction score
I wouldn't continue to run it like that. Does it seem low on power? Any pinging sounds?

e99coalbaron

Reaction score
It's parked. Way down on power, and you can clearly hear the miss. It did it before, and I changed the injector harness which fixed it, but now its back.

neverkickn

Reaction score
P1211 is the only code that you listed that will cause drivability issues, and I can't remember if it will keep the light on after being triggered or not. Have you run a buzz test? I also can't remember if stored idm codes will set off a solid cel, but if you have codes related to injector circuit continuity, then they can only be retrieved with a buzz test.

e99coalbaron

Reaction score
I have not, but I will tomorrow and report back.

And when I was researching the codes, it seemed like everyone that had this combo didn't have the miss I was explaining. Just that the truck ran normal but had no power. Most people said these three were just from the chip.

Thanks for the help!

Arisley

Reaction score
Sounds like it is gettting fuel. How many miles on the motor, how many since last oil change.

Is your alternator OK, sounds crazy, when mine went out the first time, it would run fine until I turned on the headlights, then it would lug down and smoke white like crazy. These trucks do weird things when power is not right.

Oh yeah, does it do the same with the chip removed?

TyCorr

Reaction score

I had a "pro" come look at it, he couldn't pinpoint it either. I came here for advice about my truck. Not to have someone tell me to take it to a shop and get screwed over. Not being a dick, but I thought the tech forum was for everyone to get help by other knowledgable powerstroke enthusiasts. You can spend your two pennies elsewhere is you're going to be a douche about it IMO

Thats not being a douche. The title of the thread, that advertises someone who doesnt care to look at their problems but rather say powerjoke or powerbroke or whatever.

I conveniently quoted both posts. I think you'll see my post has as much information as you really need. Im being serious, so dont get all pissy again, if you can find someone close to you to help you'll be fine. Id let this thread sit and maybe ask a mod to put "powerbroke in N Tx" or whatever as people in that area will see it. Additionally, finding a shop, even a vendor, in your area could be helpful as you could have gone around the "pro" you already used.

Im sure its something simple if you dont have hard codes constantly, hence my initial reply.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Sounds like it is gettting fuel. How many miles on the motor, how many since last oil change.

Is your alternator OK, sounds crazy, when mine went out the first time, it would run fine until I turned on the headlights, then it would lug down and smoke white like crazy. These trucks do weird things when power is not right.

Oh yeah, does it do the same with the chip removed?

This.

Does the miss sound like one cylinder is hiccuping or does it sound like a whole bank isnt running?

Post a video of it acting up.

e99coalbaron

Reaction score
Sorry, been busy this past week. Talked to a few friends and got it narrowed to wiring. I cranked it the other day and it didn't skip a beat. It was weird but whatever. Also before it ran the same with the chip removed.

bad12jr

Reaction score
Mine had a loose uvch, passed a contribution and buzz test. Was throwing idm codes though. I found it with an ohm meter. Circuit was showing open on the back driver injector. Even though the injector buzzed.

Sent from my x2 chillin in the middle of no where

e99coalbaron

Reaction score
Update: Found the plug was bad for the #1 injector. replaced the valve cover gasket and harness and the truck started fine. Until i touched the throttle, it shut off and now wont start. Show no wait to start light and overdrive is stuck on the off position.

So I checked everything with a test light and found no power going to the GPR unless i crossed it over with a screwdriver. Bought a new GPR but its still doing the same thing.

Any ideas?

Latest posts

Members online