PowerMax question.

07strokerftw

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
It needs to be just a tad bit bigger, if it could clean 190s (lots will say it can, others say it can't, all depends on tuning I guess) that would be amazing.

DSTRBD

Reaction score
The Garrett PowerMax turbos are made for the masses. Garrett made a turbo that would work on the widest array of trucks possible. I think they did an excellent job. A stage II would be great, but it doesnt sound like one is on the works, unfortunately.

PSM_Kid

Reaction score
You really feel this way? I think we need more bolt on options different fromt he powermax. I just dont think it cuts it as well as i might like it to. Mind you i dont own one, just guessing.

Yes I do. As said above me, it is made to work well on a wide variety of set ups. It is close to the price of a new/reman stock replacement from the dealer, so as a direct replacement you cannot lose. From a performance stand point it may not be the best BUT like I said you just install and go.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
You don't, but just guessing about a product doesn't really do anybody any good.

Garrett

Probably getting paid at work to post this from my D1

Guessing...by what my friends around me have done. powermax does what it does, I just wish there were more options like it out there.

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
Well last week I got my Power Max on and I fricken love it. Pulls way stronger on the top end then my old 03 turbo did and I didn't notice any more turbo lag on the bottom end then the 03. This weekend I went to Total Diesel Performances dyno day and layed down 422 on a SuperFlow. I think it has a little more in it if I get some new tunes for the new Pmax. This turbo deffantly has a lot more intake noise then the old turbo but I like the sounds, on the bottom end for a little while it sounds like a 38R.
e5d489a5-1.jpg

The Pmax
3a86e53d.jpg

Old Vs New
ec7de71e.jpg

On the rollers
1088b062.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNFXdR5gWFU
Also I got to thank Riffraff Diesel for the super fast shipping on the Power max!

PSM_Kid

Reaction score
Well last week I got my Power Max on and I fricken love it. Pulls way stronger on the top end then my old 03 turbo did and I didn't notice any more turbo lag on the bottom end then the 03. This weekend I went to Total Diesel Performances dyno day and layed down 422 on a SuperFlow. I think it has a little more in it if I get some new tunes for the new Pmax. This turbo deffantly has a lot more intake noise then the old turbo but I like the sounds, on the bottom end for a little while it sounds like a 38R.

Also I got to thank Riffraff Diesel for the super fast shipping on the Power max!

It's good that you ended up happy with it! That's all that counts! Are you going to have it strapped to the dyno again after you get a new tune?

Gearhead

Reaction score
I haven't seen huge gains with stock injectors..... I'd be interested to see if the temps have dropped when towing compared to the stock turbo though.....

91turbogsx

Reaction score
Anyone have problems with surging? There is an '05 I installed one on and it appears to be surging on hills unloaded. I should mention it's a stock tune, injectors, etc.

PSM_Kid

Reaction score
Anyone have problems with surging? There is an '05 I installed one on and it appears to be surging on hills unloaded. I should mention it's a stock tune, injectors, etc.

I ran my Powermax with a stock tune for a few weeks and the only problem I had was the truck was kind of a slug. Definitely needed to be tuned imo.

DSTRBD

Reaction score
You guys are making me wanna buy a turbo.

All it takes is a phone call. You got my number and the super secret, sneaky squirrel, under the table, gangster deep, fall off the back of the truck, deal. Whats the hold-up?:D

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
All it takes is a phone call. You got my number and the super secret, sneaky squirrel, under the table, gangster deep, fall off the back of the truck, deal. Whats the hold-up?:D

cuz hes a pu$$y.

Latest posts

Members online