Powermax why does it have troubles unless tuned::

windrunner408

Reaction score
so can somebody tell me what the max boost is you can see on a Pmax and what is the cure for the overall performance of the Pmax, beside changing turbos...

I would think you are probably in the correct neighborhood of peak boost, I think about the highest most people would probably see just over 30 psi or right at 30 psi without tuning it to force it to build more. It is also my opinion that a 13 bladed turbine wheel is the cure for better driveability and low end response but I think as previously mentioned, if that is not an option then tuning is your best bet.

Tjb9561

Reaction score
I cleaned the ebp tube and sensor. Does anyone know a place around Louisiana to get my 6.0 live tuned? I feel like I'm so close to gettig it right. I live in Lafayette and don't mind driving a few hours if there's someone good at tuning a 6.0.

windrunner408

Reaction score
I would drive to Matt @ Gearhead. Garrett can confirm this but I believe he is out of Bryan, TX which I think would be about 5-6hrs from there and he is one of the best in the business.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
I would drive to Matt @ Gearhead. Garrett can confirm this but I believe he is out of Bryan, TX which I think would be about 5-6hrs from there and he is one of the best in the business.

Yep Matt for sure. Hes in Bryan/CS area. About 5 hrs from you...

ODAWG714

Reaction score
Mine too ( 68 pmax ). He lived tuned my truck and the turbo responds awesome. Thing is super clean too...very little smoke.....egts cruising at 75 are around 850 ( injectors are 175/75's). Matt told me a stock pmax would respond pretty close to the same with the files he wrote for my truck..so you guys might want to give him a shot.

Ya he's been modding some tunes for me for my added extra airflow and hands down this guy is *** kin awesome haha can't wait to do injectors next week

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.