Powerstroke214's build thread

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
"Drain water separator" message came up on the dash, pulled over, shut the truck off, attempted to drain it, failed, so I drove home(20 mi) watching the dash for the warning to come back on. I tried to use the Allen keys I had in my truck and much to my chagrin, none would fit. The one that did spun too easily and didn't catch, so I'm thinking that it's stripped. Anyone else have this issue, or better yet, a fix? Probably gonna go to ford Monday and get them to fix it and replace the plug w/ the newer one. If the light comes on again, pulling the fuel filter would drain the water right?

And I know you're gonna tell me how easy it is to do in a 6.4 Daniel, and my response is ":flipa:" lol.

I need $16k for a sixfo…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12stroker

Reaction score
#6.0problems LOL jk man

Na last year my roommate at the same issues it ended up being crud built up on the sensor. But as far as the Allen bolt it came off easy.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
We had a PITA with our '06 had crud and sucked to drain. I really think the 6.7's are a joke so easy. Sooo how much for the six leaker??? :)

Gimme $15, DD soli, 5" exh for a 6.4, no limit intake, 6.4 EGR delete, SDP down pipe and mount for an old SCT livewire…then I'll go pick up my 6.4 kr tomorrow LOL

The HFCM on the 6.0 is stupid, it should have a lever like the 6.4s

dsberman94

Reaction score
I'm sorry but can we step back and think about this for a second. You bought this truck from your work right? And it's having problems. So what's to say the 6.4 you buy from your boss won't have issues which will be more expensive to fix because the 6.4 is a more costly motor to fix? I know the 6.4 is a great motor but...

SootRoller

Reaction score
The plug is a 6mm. You can buy the hfcm manifold gasket kit and a new wif sensor (or you can clean the old one once it is removed. Just be mindful to not tear or knick the o ring on the sensor). Pull the housing off, tear it down and clean it thoroughly. Reseal it using the gasket kit and pick up an lcf drain plug while you are at the dealer getting the other stuff.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
I'm sorry but can we step back and think about this for a second. You bought this truck from your work right? And it's having problems. So what's to say the 6.4 you buy from your boss won't have issues which will be more expensive to fix because the 6.4 is a more costly motor to fix? I know the 6.4 is a great motor but...

The WIF light comes on after it sits for a while, re start it and it goes off. I'd be concerned if no one else had this problem, but what does one expect from a 200k mi vehicle? And I haven't had any issues that weren't anticipated other than this. I mean what's to say any 180k 6.4 won't have expensive problems. Used vehicles are a risk no matter what.

dsberman94

Reaction score
The WIF light comes on after it sits for a while, re start it and it goes off. I'd be concerned if no one else had this problem, but what does one expect from a 200k mi vehicle? And I haven't had any issues that weren't anticipated other than this. I mean what's to say any 180k 6.4 won't have expensive problems. Used vehicles are a risk no matter what.

You're buying a work truck with such high mileage though. I know my truck just turned 186,000 last night but it wasn't a work truck it was a personal vehicle. Idk. I guess my way of looking at it is that it's not a tried and true motor to be buying it with that high of mileage on a company or work vehicle. Like I said it's just my way of looking at it. I could have had a 6.0 with around the sameileage as my truck was when I bought mine and I could have had the 6.0 for cheaper but I knew it was going to have problems because it hadn't had any of the reliability mods done. I may just over think things like this but when it comes down to thousands of dollars I think my over thinking proves itself sometimes.

swinky

Reaction score
You're buying a work truck with such high mileage though. I know my truck just turned 186,000 last night but it wasn't a work truck it was a personal vehicle. Idk. I guess my way of looking at it is that it's not a tried and true motor to be buying it with that high of mileage on a company or work vehicle. Like I said it's just my way of looking at it. I could have had a 6.0 with around the sameileage as my truck was when I bought mine and I could have had the 6.0 for cheaper but I knew it was going to have problems because it hadn't had any of the reliability mods done. I may just over think things like this but when it comes down to thousands of dollars I think my over thinking proves itself sometimes.

Until you try to make more than 400hp and that trans and those rods just flat out quit.

I have an 03 and it's been great. No lights since I've bought it. It comes down to what truck you but no way around it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

Coxey Diesel

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Use a bigger Allen wrench and hit it with a hammer to make it stick. Once you get it out go buy the innovative plug that you can hand tighten.

Coxey Diesel

Reaction score
IDP makes a plug?

That's just where I got mine. You can get them anywhere.
rynu8agy.jpg

Powerstroke214

Reaction score

zepazu3a.jpg

2y6yseru.jpg

Not really work trucks. I might get a 6.4 next year or so, or whenever I have the money to buy one and money left over for a new hpfp. Or better yet, I might try to find one w/ a blown motor for cheap, and put IH HD pistons in, new hpfp, studs and an atmo.

WIF light didn't come on, but I'll probably order the parts like sootie suggested and tear into the HFCM

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
I'm not trying to be a Debbie downer, but you know it's gonna cost what you paid for your 6.0 to do a build like that right?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.