preferred injector brand?

cap

Reaction score
going to step up to 175/30s and am leaning toward either MPD or RCD injectors. Anything I should beware of or any other companies I should look to? I am NOT going with Warren or Holders so please don't say those. I'd like to go with Holders but $$$

jake

Nick7.3

Reaction score
Another thing id look into is talk to your tuner and see what they recommend and who's injectors they like tuning. But I've seen both companies injectors in trucks and no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cap

Reaction score
I didn't think of that Nick thanks, I have tunes from WPE and love them so I'll be having Nate make my tunes again. I just emailed him and asked, thanks.

Jake

jrex2506

Reaction score
If you get injectors, make sure the person doing the tuning knows exactly how they are built. I had some 175s with the spill ports plugged. I bought custom tunes from someone else and told them what was done. I had idle problems, rpms hanging while shifting(manual). the tunes weren't right.

also I run warrens 190/75 now, I had 175/75s and was told some companies have a hard time getting those right. some guys just like certain size injectors so I agree with nick, if Nate will be doing your tunes check with him. idk about you, but I started at 175s, now 190s and thinking of jumping to a 205. lol

Last edited:

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
With wanting to run a 30% nozzle, i agree with jrex. Save yourself future money, and do 190 or 205s. Ive been told a 30% nozzle will fully empty a 205, and they can be detuned if you want. It will save you the cost of bumping injector size later.

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
Although you don't want to hear it we use warren, they suggest now going with a 175/30 vs there 175/75 because they were having issues with 175/75's coming back. I would tend for most people a 175/30 is plenty, a 205 you get into needing more supporting more fuel system wise.

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
well with warren in our experience if you do have an issue they seem to take care of it in a timely fashion and they do not hammer you on prices like some other companies.

Petro

Reaction score
Have close to 100k on my Warren 190/100's and have only replaced one. All this time they have been run with a stock fuel system and been starved for fuel countless times. They still start in -10 below without being plugged in and run smoothly. Hard to beat Warren injectors for the price in my opinion.