Prep prior to first big trip

Reaction score
Well, having to take an un-planned trip down to St. Petersburg (about 8 hrs) for a memorial service in a few weeks. Is there anything I should triple check, or mods necessary before voyage? I've read some on the cold side IC pipe, is this an issue at factory power levels at 56k miles? Tires are brand new, oil should be good according to the on board system. I'll top off DEF, drain water separator, match air better in all tires. Am I missing anything? Doubt I'll have time before trip, but am gonna swap rear diff fluid for stuff from Jim, as well as transmission and oil when time. Truck has Ranchero 9000s, anything I need to adjust there? Won't have time to get and install EZ lynk and emissions in-tact tunes before voyage either.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
What engine oil are you currently using? If it isnt from jim then dont run it over 5k. Or at least consistantly over 5k every oci on a 6.7

Are you towing anything? If not then keep def topped off and good fuel and additive in the tank every fill up and rock on!

live life full throttle

Reaction score
What engine oil are you currently using? If it isnt from jim then dont run it over 5k. Or at least consistantly over 5k every oci on a 6.7

Are you towing anything? If not then keep def topped off and good fuel and additive in the tank every fill up and rock on!

live life full throttle
Whatever was put in it from previous owner, I'm sure it's not Jim's (after using his in 6.0, I'll never buy oil anywhere else, we use his recommended oils in all 3 of our vehicles). We are towing our fifth wheel. Around 13.5k lbs

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.