Pretty amazing

STR8LINE

Reaction score
Even with an SCT you should leave the valve plugged in to keep the COOLING FAN happy...... They (kit mfgrs) should stop telling people that it is okay to remove the EGR valve. On some trucks, the fan max duty cycle gets clipped to a low value and it won't show it's ugliness until you go to tow something and get an overheated engine.

Hmmm Very Interesting! Since mine is an 07 and I planned on SCT livewire an EGR delete..

So I wander what can be done too remedie this when deleteing the egr and removeing the valve itself?

Gearhead

Reaction score
Why do you need to remove the valve when you've already blocked the EGR flow from the back of the mainifold?

speedracer1000

Reaction score
i do headstuds with cab on, no lift, and no heater box removal. secret is removing the drivers side motor mount when you pull the drivers side head so the motor can roll down to get the other head out. works great

STR8LINE

Reaction score
Why do you need to remove the valve when you've already blocked the EGR flow from the back of the mainifold?

Why have it there for nuthing other than too fool the ecu for the fans?? Has too be a better, more inginuitive way..

Why wouldnt the Fans come on MAX at a certain cooliant temp anyways??

Gearhead

Reaction score
Why have it there for nuthing other than too fool the ecu for the fans?? Has too be a better, more inginuitive way..

Why wouldnt the Fans come on MAX at a certain cooliant temp anyways??

That's the problem... the duty cycle on the fan won't go above like 1/3 of the capacity. And honestly I think it looks better with the valve like stock vs a blockoff plate and wires hanging....

STR8LINE

Reaction score
so what dose the egr being plugged in have too do with increaseing the duty cycle of the fan? I dont see why the fans cant run at 100% duty without this egr being plugged in.. unless ford uses the valve somehow too trigger a high voltage signal too the fans idk

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
That's the problem... the duty cycle on the fan won't go above like 1/3 of the capacity. And honestly I think it looks better with the valve like stock vs a blockoff plate and wires hanging....
That's very good info about the fan, thank you! I see what you mean after scanning the wiring diagram. The fan and EGR are tied right in with each other.

I also couldn't agree more about the unfinished look of hanging wires.

For aguments sake, what would it take to do an "EGR fooler"? Im assuming a simple little harness with the right resistors would get the job done.

STR8LINE

Reaction score
That's very good info about the fan, thank you! I see what you mean after scanning the wiring diagram. The fan and EGR are tied right in with each other.

I also couldn't agree more about the unfinished look of hanging wires.

For aguments sake, what would it take to do an "EGR fooler"? Im assuming a simple little harness with the right resistors would get the job done.

Exactly what I was thinking man! put a resistor in the loop somewhere perhaps.. Where did you look at the wiring diagrams at anyhoo?

Dieselcraft

Reaction score
i do headstuds with cab on, no lift, and no heater box removal. secret is removing the drivers side motor mount when you pull the drivers side head so the motor can roll down to get the other head out. works great

Hmm I have heard of this but never seen it. Sounds like your use to working on e series.

I use to just split the ac box in half (pain in the as$) and pull the front end off but now I learned my new way.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Even with an SCT you should leave the valve plugged in to keep the COOLING FAN happy...... They (kit mfgrs) should stop telling people that it is okay to remove the EGR valve. On some trucks, the fan max duty cycle gets clipped to a low value and it won't show it's ugliness until you go to tow something and get an overheated engine.

i don't have the factory fan on my truck so no need for the valve to be in the manifold on mine. The way i'm thinkin about this is, if there's no exhaust flow through the valve...then why have it? Doesn't seem to be any reason to keep it in there then. I have been told that any tuner can control when the factory fan comes on through tuning. So why not control the duty cycle of the fan through tuning instead of through the egr valve? I just would've never thought that the egr valve can control the duty cycle of the fans. But like i said, none of that pertains to me seeing as i don't have the factory fan on my truck anymore...i have a set of electric fans.

Last edited:

Gearhead

Reaction score
i don't have the factory fan on my truck so no need for the valve to be in the manifold on mine. The way i'm thinkin about this is, if there's no exhaust flow through the valve...then why have it? Doesn't seem to be any reason to keep it in there then. I have been told that any tuner can control when the factory fan comes on through tuning. So why not control the duty cycle of the fan through tuning instead of through the egr valve? I just would've never thought that the egr valve can control the duty cycle of the fans. But like i said, none of that pertains to me seeing as i don't have the factory fan on my truck anymore...i have a set of electric fans.

It has nothing to do with how you command the fan to come on. You can command 100% fan with the NGS and only get 30% on the trucks that have this issue..... It has nothing to do with the tuner's ability.

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Must be how the wiring is done. The egr needs to be in place to complete a circuit that commands the fan to 100%

Gearhead

Reaction score
Then How does the egr valve Physically stop the clutch fan from 100%

How about you tell all of us how it doesn't. Since it is a proven fact I want to hear why you think it isn't so.

And i'm not trying to be a dlck, but I'm just saying it happens.

Last edited:

STR8LINE

Reaction score
How about you tell all of us how it doesn't. Since it is a proven fact I want to hear why you think it isn't so.

And i'm not trying to be a dlck, but I'm just saying it happens.

idk Thats why I ask you how it Does stop it, Because you are the one saying it does.. I figured you'd be the one too ask How an why. If you dont know that is fine, no big deal.

And Iam not/havent been trying too be a dick either man.. as I never said it isnt True! I have just ask'd questions and tried figuring out How an why?? In hopes that in return I could figure out which wires need too be made too complete a circut etc.. You see?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.