Price to increase nozzle size

PowerstrokeJunkie

Reaction score
Just so you know, the injectors are balanced on a "flow bench" where a 7.3 head is set up on a bench with electronics, fuel and oil at pressure to simulate a real world running engine however the fuel is injected into beakers over a certain count of shots (usually 1000) then compare the amount injected to the others to determine the ones that dont match. I dont know whats done to them to change the flow, thats probably proprietary however my guess is that USUALLY a good quality built set of injectors with good parts are probably pretty close to each other but flowing them will tell you for sure

These aren't my injectors in the test, but this is good enough reason for me to purchase my injectors from Swamps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZkm57ne1pU

Last edited:

dave186

Reaction score
What I am trying to figure out is if the nozzle has anything to do with balancing a set. Lets say I have a set of injectors that are already balanced and flowed and all that, would changing just the nozzles affect that?

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
What I am trying to figure out is if the nozzle has anything to do with balancing a set. Lets say I have a set of injectors that are already balanced and flowed and all that, would changing just the nozzles affect that?

I'll make this simple. Yes - the nozzle effects the balance.

More complex - nozzles are never 100% perfectly identical - small variations make it different when balanced - the pintles are matched to the tips - exact shape, size, lift, etc of the pintle effects the flow.

Latest posts

Members online