Prime new fuel system

Shipmate

Reaction score
A most of you know I found metal flakes in the upper fuel bowl a month or two back. Well I took EVERYTHING off and cleaned all lines and tank. The only thing I did not do was the return lines in the heads themselves.
So my next question is.... How am i going to prime the system? There is noi fuel in the tank, none in any lines I replaced the HFCM fuel pump. So nothing not-a drop in anything. I am going to tighten down the HPFP lines tomorrow an throw the turbos back on.
Here is the list of parts I replaced.
HPFP/lines
HFCM pump
8 Injectors/lines
Uppipes (easier to cut out the old ones :morons:)
All Rockers I was in there so I did them the old one looked great!
Flushed all lines
Cleaned all Bowls
Made a bunch of Phone calls!!!!! LOL Thanks Breton! (Side action Diesel)

Yep that about does it.
One last thing CAB ON BITCHES!!!!!!LOL

Reaction score
Nice job bud ! Lmk how it goes. When priming the system shoot me an email I can walk u through the correct way to do so . and no its not flip the key a bunch of times and crank lol

gorace

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat wanted to know the correct way to prime the fuel system. Pulled injectors only though. Thanks

webb06

Reaction score
Op obviously put fuel in the tank, loosen front banjo bolt on fuel cooler, turn key on, allow all air to evacuate from the front banjo fitting, probably will require a few key cycles as the low side pump only runs for 25 seconds at a time without the engine running. After you see nothing but diesel out of the front fitting tighten it and loosen the back banjo fitting, again cycle the key this will evacuate the air from the line going to the hpfp. Once you get nothing but diesel there it should just be a matter of cranking the truck for 15 seconds or so.

You will make a huge mess when bleeding the fuel system unless you have an extra banjo fitting and longer bolt to run an open line into a bucket.

If anyone has any other suggestions I'm all ears. This is what we do though. Any other way to prime high side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shipmate

Reaction score
I pulled the schrader valve and hookup tigon tubing. One no bubbles were seen I replaced the schrader valve. A lot less messy.

Dieselmore

Reaction score
Cummins banjo with the pressure test port fitting is the best, if you can find one. Gut the Schrader valve, and run a hose out of it. Install it on the rear fuel cooler line. With the lift pump commanded on it will push all the air out the top

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Cummins banjo with the pressure test port fitting is the best, if you can find one. Gut the Schrader valve, and run a hose out of it. Install it on the rear fuel cooler line. With the lift pump commanded on it will push all the air out the top

:whs: The rear one is the one that will actually bleed the hi pressure side. The front only bleed the low. With the rear bolt in this configuration, it will bleed both the hi and low pressure systems at the same time basically.

Latest posts

Members online