Pro Stock Powerstroke Mustang

BOSS450

Reaction score
probably be easier to put a waste gate on the compressor side to bleed off boost in that case. Ive been that done and it makes it easy.

With the 150psi overall and 60 psi low pressure you high pressure will be pushing 90 psi.

Now would you not be worried about overspreading the turbos waste gating the compressor side?

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
With the 150psi overall and 60 psi low pressure you high pressure will be pushing 90 psi.

Now would you not be worried about overspreading the turbos waste gating the compressor side?

That's not how it works :) Plus if they are built to run there they would be on the map and be just fine.

Last edited:

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
anything I do that will effect how the motors runs gets ran threw hypermax. they have spent years developing this motor and countless dyno pulls with it.

but I asked about turning the motor down and they recommended just running my throttle stop and just not go WOT. Because if we change the fuel we have to change all the nozzles in the water injectors.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
anything I do that will effect how the motors runs gets ran threw hypermax. they have spent years developing this motor and countless dyno pulls with it.

but I asked about turning the motor down and they recommended just running my throttle stop and just not go WOT. Because if we change the fuel we have to change all the nozzles in the water injectors.

Dang. That will be fun to get good data on.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Hyermax makes like 3000hp in their 466 stuff...don't think i'd question their suggestion

well this motor probably wont make 2000 with this turbo setup . but I would not consider going against their recommendations. ben only made 2400 on the engine dyno with (3) hx82's .

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
No this motor is no where near 2k the way it is set up right now. We don't have it maxed out running 110% we left room too improve later down the road if we need to

Last edited:

Blowby

Reaction score

uuhhh no!..... Try 17.71 psi at sea level.

Can't wait to see it make a few passes!!!!

Last edited:

swinky

Reaction score
What kinda times would this thing hypothetically run with a good full power pass? 7.xx in the low 200s?

Rodslinger

Reaction score
Our Outlaw 10.5 car weighs 2110 with right at 1700hp.
1.01 - 1.05 60' and 6.80s at 210 mph.
I don't know what the stanger will weigh but I'd say it should be really close to that. It's looks like it's pretty aero and if he can keep the weight off, is should blur his vision till about the 100ft mark!