problem and i don't know if its a fuse or relay

flame job

Reaction score
the other day my cruise control and horn stopped working. and when i pull the turn signal back to flash my high beams they do not come on but they will come on whenever i push it forward to keep them engaged. the truck is a 96 f250 auto

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
Figure it out and get back to us... I got a truck doing the same thing but I haven't looked into it.

Pull your headlight switch out and see if it melted... they do all kinds of stupid **** when that happens. Jeff's Bronco Graveyard sells a pigtail if thats the issue.

flame job

Reaction score
i used a digital volt meter and all the fuses in the dash and all of the ones under the hood were good. mive got a buddy that has a scan tool i will try and get him to hook it up and find out the problem within the next few days

Pstroke96

Reaction score
your issues might not be related, but im not positive,
check your brake lights if they arent working sometimes it will not let you engage cruise.

your high beam issue could be the stalk switch itself since the high beams are working when you put them on normally. is anything else not working on it? wipers or anything?

did the horn just all of a sudden stop working? mine crapped out on me, got a new one at the junk yard for 5 bucks. see if you have power at the connectors to it. if you do its junk

SPEEDDEMON31176

Reaction score
Horn and cruise are going to be the clockspring behind the steering wheel. As for the flash to pass it is going to be either the column switch or a wire has pulled loose in the column switch connector. Most likely it is the switch.

flame job

Reaction score
well i just got a recall notice in the mail from ford for my cruise control so i will get that replaced and see if it fixes the other problems

Bugman

Reaction score
The recall doesn't do anything other than put a couple of fuses in the wire harness that plugs into the master cylinder.

I am betting that your problem is in the multi function switch and or clock spring.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.