Problem with Bts

Charles

Reaction score
I talked to Brian again. Going to look into all the sensors (speed sensors, Mps sensor, connectors, throttle position for adjustable pedals) and also the alrenators. Apparently if one of the alternators is feeding back into the electrical system
It can mess with all the sensors.

I would start with a scanner, reading the sensor outputs to see which was F'ed.

TurboM700

Reaction score
How would you test your alternators for feedback ?

Take a DVOM (Digital Voltage Ohm Meter) and switch it to AC voltage. Hold the negative lead on the battery + and the postive lead on the Alt. charging post(big red wire) you should see less than .5 volts. This is telling you how much AC current the alt. is putting out.

FYI this only works with internal regulated Alt.

I highly doupt its the Alt. as most if not all the sensor use a 5 volt reference that the computer supplys.

Mike

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
Hell yea Thanks man I'll pm u my phone number.

We swaped in the new solenoid pack and that fixed the not downshifting at 50-70 mph. But I still feel like 1st-2nd gear is slipping too much. And the shifts are getting softer. Brian says we May have to mod the valve body or change a valve. What's everyone running for stall on the converter? mines 2400-2500. What's stock 2100? I feel like the trans is eating (sliping) Power when launching.

All 3 speed sensors were perfect, the tps was dead on, no feed back from alternators.

Some codes I pulled
P0605
P1298
P0603
GEM
P1876
P1832
U1262
U1352
HEC
C1284

Last edited:

Charles

Reaction score
Hell yea Thanks man I'll pm u my phone number.

We swaped in the new solenoid pack and that fixed the not downshifting at 50-70 mph. But I still feel like 1st-2nd gear is slipping too much. And the shifts are getting softer. Brian says we May have to mod the valve body or change a valve. What's everyone running for stall on the converter? mines 2400-2500. What's stock 2100? I feel like the trans is eating (sliping) Power when launching.

All 3 speed sensors were perfect, the tps was dead on, no feed back from alternators.

Some codes I pulled
P0605
P1298
P0603
GEM
P1876
P1832
U1262
U1352
HEC
C1284

Can someone explain to me how the solenoid pack could have been causing the downshift issue when the truck would downshift fine if you pressed OD off?

If it was the solenoid pack, and the PCM was commanding the downshift yet it simply wasn't happening, then pressing OD off would have changed nothing.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me how the solenoid pack could have been causing the downshift issue when the truck would downshift fine if you pressed OD off?

If it was the solenoid pack, and the PCM was commanding the downshift yet it simply wasn't happening, then pressing OD off would have changed nothing.

Didnt make.sense to me.either. It shouldnt matter if you manually kick off od or the truck does it automatically due to throttle input>pcm input>trans downshifts. Sounds like tuning or a sensor needs serviced.

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Not one of those codes correspond to the trans ? At least the ones that I can look up.

Never seen a code start with U or C

The others point to an IDM problem

TyCorr

Reaction score
All I know is we changed the solenoid pack and now if I lay into it in od 45-70mph it downshifts instead if lugging through od.

Mine doesnt even go into od until 55. Im lifted and on 37's like you. On the other end of that, why would you want a downshift past 60mph? Curious I am.

Most people don't understand if there truck isn't running right the trans will not act normal....

I understand this but the od switch working kinda rules out the solenoid. If the solenoid.changed something it was something that inadvertently was corrected when changing the solenoid. Im not sure if thats what you are saying or not?!

Blowby

Reaction score
I had similar issues in late 2010 with my BTS trans. Brian said no way all these sensors would fail at the same time. He told me he installed new sensors on my last build a month prior so the sensors are good.

P0500 b VSS Vehicle speed sensor malfunction Sensor, circuit, PCM, PSOM, TR failure, low trans. fluid
P0503 — VSS Vehicle speed sensor noisy Harness routing, sensor
P0720 b, c OSS OSS sensor circuit malfunction Short/open circuit, sensor, PCM
P0721 — OSS Noisy OSS Erratic signal, sensor, intermittent circuit
P0732 — GRV Gear 2 incorrect ratio Mechanical/hydraulic failure, 4x4 switch failure
P0733 — GRV Gear 3 incorrect ratio Mechanical/hydraulic failure, 4x4 switch failure

He told me to change the alternator so I went to Napa and told them that my Alt was sending A/C voltage and screwing with my sensors and they replaced it with a new one. I installed it and cleared all my codes and the BTS has been running like a top ever since.
Just some info that might help since it was a free warranty exchange.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.