Problems plz help!

Reaction score
My 6.0 has acted up since I bought it. It has a problem cold starting ok I can live with that (ficm,or glow plugs) no problem. But recently it has started to black smoke through the gears bad. It will not shift in till I let out of the pedal. Bought a code reader from orally auto parts(I know,I know they suck):lookaround: i got to messing with it and it said misfire on all 8 cylinders :wtf: I'm willing to buy new injectors thinking 190/100 for now and a ficm and sct tuner and gauges . Plz help need the truck fixed by the 25 of August.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
You might wanna move this to the 6.0 tech section. I think above your post you can use thread tools and move it

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
I'm thinking you need to buy a better scanner and report back or find someone to read them. Then report back. Never know if that scanner messed up.

CCRICE

Reaction score
I hit doubt all 8 injectors are bad unless someone ran something through the fuel system that doesn't need to be in there. Try running some treatment through your system in the mean time while you wait on a new scanner.

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
i agree with ccrice.....doubtful that all 8 injectors are bad. I would also agree with Prodigy and get a better scanner on there and see what all comes up on it and diagnos from there

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
190/100s on a stock turbo? better get some tuning...... you will need a bigger turbo to clean those sticks up..... do you plan on deleting the egr and studding it while you have it down? doing the oil cooler? I have a feeling that your problems will only have just begun if you throw those injectors and tunes in there without any supporting mods to go with them......

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
on the injectors setup.. we have ran 190s in a shop truck with no mods but tuning and an airdog. truck ran great with proper tunes from eric@IDP.. just drive it very easy until you can afford studs.

97strokn&smokn

Reaction score
My 6.0 has acted up since I bought it. It has a problem cold starting ok I can live with that (ficm,or glow plugs) no problem. But recently it has started to black smoke through the gears bad. It will not shift in till I let out of the pedal. Bought a code reader from orally auto parts(I know,I know they suck):lookaround: i got to messing with it and it said misfire on all 8 cylinders :wtf: I'm willing to buy new injectors thinking 190/100 for now and a ficm and sct tuner and gauges . Plz help need the truck fixed by the 25 of August.

Does the truck fee like it has normal power, Does the truck shake while at idle, With the truck not shifting it could be a dirty map sensor, a dirty IAt sensor, turbo could be sticking or you could have a plugged cat. there could be many problems.

Reaction score
F-250-owner I plan on supporting mods. Eric that's whati plan to do I can afford studs,egr delete,and oil cooler. But it's a little over my head to take the heads off and stud it. The only way I could do it is one at a time but I heard mixed reviews I like to do it right the first time and be done. 97strokn & smokn I'll check the map. Where is the iat sensor? I don't have a cat any more it's jest stock dp to 5" all the way out.

97strokn&smokn

Reaction score
IAT sensor is on the right side of the intake manifold. Its a little white sensor they will clogged up with carbon and wont work properly. You really need a good scanner to diagnose this problem properly.

Reaction score
Sorry been busy and Haven't had a chance to get on I unplugged the iat,ebp,and egr. It use to shake at idle but it dose not now. Even when cold it don't. So the pos scanner let's me view some live data but not much it shows tps all ways 0.0 could that be the problem. The truck makes boost at least 20lbs.

CCRICE

Reaction score
If you unplugged a sensor and it quit acting up chances are that sensor is bad, as for the TPS showing 0.0 all the time I don't know why it would do that... If the TPS was bad i would assume the truck wouldn't drive right.

Reaction score
That's what I would think. No unplugging them did nothing .so I don't know what to do now? It stoped shaking before the black smoke started

Last edited:
Reaction score
It don't shake,no smoke visable at idle just driving and revving I mean it acts like it has a tune or some thing buti bought it off a old guy who only let ford touch it. And the trans wountshill shif un till you let off the gas

Reaction score
Just remembered that when revving it takes it a min of to to get past 2000 rpm. Could it be icp,ipr,cps,hpop,turbo,ficm,PCM,or ECM? Just want this thing to run like it should. Me and my dad is taking pigs down to ky on the 25 and as is I don't trust it to make it there and back. I have injectors on the way and a sct tuner and gauges.

SootRoller

Reaction score
All 8 contribution/balance codes or all 8 injector circuit codes? If it were all 8 injector circuit codes, could very well be a FICM.

Latest posts

Members online