Procharger to a 38r

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
I am just wondering what kind of gain it could be looking at if I put a procharger on my truck. I'm currently running 250/100s and a 38r. I have heard that you feel a huge difference but I would like to get more feedback about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shmoozer

Reaction score
Get with the guys at Empire Diesel. They Procharged a couple 6 liters with what looked like good results. They've got a couple vids on YouTube.

-KCCO-

V-Ref

Reaction score
I am just wondering what kind of gain it could be looking at if I put a procharger on my truck. I'm currently running 250/100s and a 38r. I have heard that you feel a huge difference but I would like to get more feedback about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds pretty good :fordoval:

http://youtu.be/HCfYpe0s6Qs

Looks pretty good too :fordoval:

Powerstroke_7_3_4bb7c9d4ab0c8.jpg

Dzchey21, Inelmo, and Rockrunner86 would be some good members to speak with, as they have first hand experience with Prochargers and Powerstrokes.

imelmo

Reaction score
I have to wonder how many people saying it's a waste of money had one or have even driven one, lol.

DocBar

Reaction score
I almost went this route, but after much studying and talking to people that have done this, I chose not to. The main reason being it's maintenance heavy and I do a lot of cross-country driving, pulling a 5th wheel.

I would maybe consider it on a dedicated competition truck, but I think compounds would be a better choice than a procharger. JMHO.

DocBar

Reaction score
What's the extra maintenance?
You've got to change the oil in the procharger like every 1200 miles and the belt is hard to find, not cheap and breaks pretty often. That's more than I want to worry about. 1200 miles is an average trip for me, going from job to job.

I think chvyrckr has or had one and he liked it. I don;t remember if it was on his DD, though.

emev0l

Reaction score
You have to change the oil in the procharger every 6,000 miles, costs $5 per oil change and takes 5 minutes to do. If you do it every other motor oil change while your waiting for your oil to drain it won't take any extra time and cost less then $100 every 100,000 miles.

emev0l

Reaction score
You've got to change the oil in the procharger like every 1200 miles and the belt is hard to find, not cheap and breaks pretty often. That's more than I want to worry about. 1200 miles is an average trip for me, going from job to job.

I think chvyrckr has or had one and he liked it. I don;t remember if it was on his DD, though.

1,200? Do they use a weird model? All the ones I've installed on cars were 6,000.

I have zero experience with a procharger on a powerstroke, only gas cars.

DocBar

Reaction score
1,200? Do they use a weird model? All the ones I've installed on cars were 6,000.

I have zero experience with a procharger on a powerstroke, only gas cars.
I dunno if it's a weird model or not and that's what I was told by 2 guys that had them. One of those guys was going to sell me his but ended up talking me out of it. :doh:

ghohouston

Reaction score
I've always wondered why a root style charger wasn't used instead of a pro charger? Will it not physically fit in the valley with a turbo or what?

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Danny, just asking because I haven't followed your truck in quite some time. Do you still have your Procharger installed? If not, why did you get rid of it?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Last I looked the pro charger kit is $5200, they aren't that high maintenance like it's being said. Honestly on a street truck I would would to have one.

Roots style would end up taking the place of the hp turbo in a setup and they don't do well with boost being pushed into them. The pro charger runs as the lp end of a compound setup.

Latest posts

Members online