Procharger to a 38r

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
If I still had my 450 there would be a pro-charger on it feeding the modded H2E. After driving Danny's old white truck, and towing with a PC'd Duramax, I was sold on it. Buuuuut... RIP 450 LOL

imelmo

Reaction score
You've got to change the oil in the procharger like every 1200 miles and the belt is hard to find, not cheap and breaks pretty often. That's more than I want to worry about. 1200 miles is an average trip for me, going from job to job.

I think chvyrckr has or had one and he liked it. I don;t remember if it was on his DD, though.

Not sure where you got that from but I only had to change the oil on the Procharger when I changed the oil on the truck. And as far as the belts, I only had a belt break on me one time. I had a spare with me and takes about 5 minutes to change. And if you don't have a spare, you can still drive it because you still have the turbo. And any place that sells Gates can get the belt.

Danny, just asking because I haven't followed your truck in quite some time. Do you still have your Procharger installed? If not, why did you get rid of it?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

No, after the debacle I had with someone that was going to redo everything and upsize the Procharger along with a bunch of other stuff, I ended up putting just a 68mm vgt on. Then the motor blew not long afterward. I couldn't put the Procharger back on with the old setup because he had reversed the rotation.

But as soon as everything is working correctly on ZMBYKLR, it will be getting one from Empire again.

imelmo

Reaction score
If I still had my 450 there would be a pro-charger on it feeding the modded H2E. After driving Danny's old white truck, and towing with a PC'd Duramax, I was sold on it. Buuuuut... RIP 450 LOL

And that was on wet roads. :D

V-Ref

Reaction score
But as soon as everything is working correctly on ZMBYKLR, it will be getting one from Empire again.

Since it's your money :pint: ....I'd be interested in seeing a S595 feeding a procharger feeding your GT4202....I'd think you could stay away from a cog belt if you kept the PRs the procharger would see under 2.5. It's always more fun to spend others money and break thier stuff :fordoval:

Latest posts

Members online