Programming a key fob

Arisley

Reaction score
You probably wore out your key switch with all of the cycling.

Seriously, replace the battery in the FOB, and try again. If it still doesn't work, your truck does not have remote entry.

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
You probably wore out your key switch with all of the cycling.

Seriously, replace the battery in the FOB, and try again. If it still doesn't work, your truck does not have remote entry.

But if I wore out the key switch wouldn't it not start?

And the battery for the fob is new, and I can rule that out as being the problem since the truck won't enter programming mode.

I'm leaning towards not having keyless entry at this point.

Sent from the left lane with the hammer down...

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
Well looks like I dont have the option to have keyless entry....

Good thing I didnt spend that much for the fob.... LOL

Petro

Reaction score
Im also going to try this. Not having one since I wrecked my 08 has been F*cking killing me. I hate having to do it manually LOL

GearHeadSales

Reaction score
Some of the trucks you have to close the door, press lock button on the door itself, turn the key on and off 8 times, then you will hear the locks cycle. I did not see the step about hitting the lock button on the door in the instructions posted. Might be worth a shot.

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Some of the trucks you have to close the door, press lock button on the door itself, turn the key on and off 8 times, then you will hear the locks cycle. I did not see the step about hitting the lock button on the door in the instructions posted. Might be worth a shot.

If this fixes it...... :D

Good luck

Spatel23

Reaction score

If I remember I will try this and report back.

I have an extra fob for my 02 and I know it has keyless entry bc I already have one working fob.

Latest posts

Members online