Programming Keyless entry

17BLKplat

Reaction score
Anyone else have any issue programming their keyless entry using the factory code and instructions found in the manual?
I tried it enough times that it started blinking at me, but it never set.

Any ideas? :confused:

17BLKplat

Reaction score
I'm sure everyone has, I'm wondering if something is up.
Not to make a secret public, but does your door code end in a 3 or 4 like mine?
I feel like that may be my issue, because I have to press 3.4 as my last digit then "hold 3.4 and 7.8 at the same time" etc etc.

Imcummin

Reaction score
You bought your truck in MD then took it across the bridge into Jersey! It is going to be pissed at you for a long time. LOL
Let the curse begin.

17BLKplat

Reaction score
You bought your truck in MD then took it across the bridge into Jersey! It is going to be pissed at you for a long time. LOL
Let the curse begin.

lol!! When I went to the IDP lair I tried it on the trucks "home turf", no good. I'm not sure what to do- the keyless entry is a needed thing for me.
I don't feel like going to the dealer to have the program it, I'd feel pretty ridiculous. (yes, I'm fully aware of the open ended joke I just created) LOL

00f3fiddy

Reaction score
NOTE: If only a single personal code is desired or unable to program multiple codes in one step, each personal code can be programmed individually by repeating Steps 1-5 for each code desired.

Enter the factory set 5-digit keyless entry keypad code.
Within 5 seconds, press the 1/2 button on the keypad to activate the programming mode.
Enter the new personal 5-digit keyless entry keypad code. Each number must be entered within 5 seconds of each other.
After entering the new personal code, press a 6th button to program each new code.
Pressing 1/2 stores the first personal code (if equipped with memory, this code is associated with driver 1 settings).
Pressing 3/4 stores the second personal code (if equipped with memory, this code is associated with driver 2 settings).
Pressing 5/6, 7/8 or 9/0 stores the third personal code, but does not associate the code with a memory setting.
The door locks lock and unlock to confirm the new code is programmed.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
thats what i did with mine to and i thought i had messed up but it turns out it worked and took my new code and simple as that mine was done in about 2 minutes this is including finding the owners manual and then finding the section to read up on this and then actually doing it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.