Progress thread

swinky

Reaction score
Update. Truck did this. 6.7 fuel pump is awesome (thanks mikey) popped the intercooler today. So now I can't afford nitrous for Rudys. Hoping like hell the old one was plugged up bad enough to hurt the truck quite a bit In the 1/8th. Buying a hellman intercooler from Jason@gracing if I can work on the 60 and pull the back seat the old girl might still be in the hunt for 7.70 index!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1428871614212.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1428871614212.jpg
    759.3 KB · Views: 104

slc dzl

Reaction score
Update. Truck did this. 6.7 fuel pump is awesome (thanks mikey) popped the intercooler today. So now I can't afford nitrous for Rudys. Hoping like hell the old one was plugged up bad enough to hurt the truck quite a bit In the 1/8th. Buying a hellman intercooler from Jason@gracing if I can work on the 60 and pull the back seat the old girl might still be in the hunt for 7.70 index!

Thats a great intercooler, i have one and it is beautiful lol

swinky

Reaction score
Intercooler will be here Tomorrow, nitrous bottle ended up here
1d7df898c2820d961baf470d3694479a.jpg

Other random stuff is coming in tomorrow. I'm going to cut a small hole in the center console so I can put my nitrous button in the side of the console kind of by the seatbelt buckle.

swinky

Reaction score
It's a nos cheater kit. Originally a wet kit but from what I've read it's one of the best solenoids on the market so I bought it. Had to buy a few little parts but I only have $450 in it. Seems to work good lol

swinky

Reaction score
Well the truck trapped 90.96 in the 1/8 on spray. With a little .064 jet it runs better than most people will ever need. Went 7.90@87 on fuel!

The next goal is 11.80s on the bottle and 12.40s on fuel. This thing is running better than damn near every truck I've ever seen with 225s and under. The truck will stay pretty similar the rest of the year besides a s371. My goal for the year was high 11s and once I hit that I'll start saving to hopefully build a motor in the winter.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Congrats on the numbers!

I am curious to see how you like the s371. I thought you were gonna run an s467?

I have heard the s371 is a little prone to surging because of the small turbine wheel

swinky

Reaction score
Congrats on the numbers!

I am curious to see how you like the s371. I thought you were gonna run an s467?

I have heard the s371 is a little prone to surging because of the small turbine wheel
I've heard that as well but the low flow of the 6l engine seems to keep that at bay. It's running so good with a 366 i don't feel the need to step up to a 400 just yet. This turbo is leaking and it needs to be replaced asap so I'm going a more cost efficient route. I am considering a 367.7 as well.

zshier17

Reaction score
Is the 6.7 fuel pump still holding full pressure? it would be interesting to compare pressures over slow steps up in power to see how it responds.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I've heard that as well but the low flow of the 6l engine seems to keep that at bay. It's running so good with a 366 i don't feel the need to step up to a 400 just yet. This turbo is leaking and it needs to be replaced asap so I'm going a more cost efficient route. I am considering a 367.7 as well.

Just FYI... Low flow means that it is more likely to surge. A surge condition exists when the pressure ratio is too high and the flow rate is too low.

Did you just say that you use your egt probe as a fuel pressure gauge???

RedRice589

Reaction score
Just FYI... Low flow means that it is more likely to surge. A surge condition exists when the pressure ratio is too high and the flow rate is too low.

His concepts in life are flawed as well....cwe still love him.....

swinky

Reaction score

I've never heard a 371 surge on a 6.0.... Many duramax guys complain about surging but after talking to someone with a 6liter that ran high 11s with a 371 for 2 years I'm confident I won't have issues.

Latest posts

Members online