PROJECT CHEAP HORSEPOWER.

Smokin_Joe

Reaction score
PROJECT CHEAP HOURSE POWER!

A 2008 SCLB 6.4L was purchased in Louisiana for this project for a steal. The truck was shipped to Jeremy Johnson or aka. Lubeowner for the build.

The goal is 1,000 HP fuel only for under $10,000. Jeremy and I feel the 6.4 is capable of this. The truck will have a stock VDO and CP3 with 150% over injectors. It has a manual transmission for the dyno.

I’m on vacation right now, hopefully Jeremy can add on more info regarding turbos, pictures, and details. It will be hard for me to post untill Monday.

How great is 1,000 HP for >$10,000? :ford:

-Joe B.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Intresting. What turbos are ya gonna go with?

PROJECT CHEAP HOURSE POWER!

I’m on vacation right now, hopefully Jeremy can add on more info regarding turbos, pictures, and details. It will be hard for me to post untill Monday.
How great is 1,000 HP for >$10,000? :ford:

-Joe B.

Hold your horses and the info will come lol

MINK

Reaction score
I'm in to watch..

Shouldnt be hard at all but I cant imagine any longevity will be there, Jon Walker has already done this with a basically stock motor. Goodluck, I cant wait to hear more.

lubeowner

Reaction score
I'm in to watch..

Shouldnt be hard at all but I cant imagine any longevity will be there, Jon Walker has already done this with a basically stock motor. Goodluck, I cant wait to hear more.

That's $10,000 including the purchase of the truck.

Last edited:

lubeowner

Reaction score
snap-I believe theft would have to be involved; now that you're here fill us in on the plans!

Buy the truck from a company in Louisiana for $3200 with a blown oil cooler and 202,000 miles on it. Pay $700 to have it shipped. Fix engine and sell it for more then what the truck cost. Sell automatic transmission to buy airdog. Buy a 6.0 engine and manual tranny for $1500 that was taken out to swap in a cummins and have it shipped here from Oregon. Sell the running 6.0 motor to pay for the double disk clutch. Take the other 3 blown 6.4 motors sitting around the shop and make those into one running engine. Add fuel, lots of air, wastegates and some time on the dyno and see what the outcome is.

Last edited:

Erikclaw

Reaction score
How can you say you are building this for under $10000? I assume all of us have three blown 6.4's laying around to scrap together. The ave guy will not or would not have access to all this other crap needed to sell/fix and resell to make this happen. How big is that charger 90mm or so?

lubeowner

Reaction score
How can you say you are building this for under $10000? I assume all of us have three blown 6.4's laying around to scrap together. The ave guy will not or would not have access to all this other crap needed to sell/fix and resell to make this happen. How big is that charger 90mm or so?

If you want to plant some seed money and let us find you parts plus let us pull trucks apart and resell what you don't need so that I can make some money throughout the process I can built you one. Maybe not quite as cheap but close. No guarantees on time frame. As long as you don't want a perfect body, we don't do body work here. And it has to have a manual tranny.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Sure I will send it from Hallers right down to you. I am in no way asking for you to do this, just questioning the wording.

lubeowner

Reaction score
Sure I will send it from Hallers right down to you. I am in no way asking for you to do this, just questioning the wording.

The only way anything like this is possible is with buying parts and trucks right. You already have too much money in your truck, it wouldn't work. So I have no desire to work on your truck.

This thread is about the truck we are building for one of my customers. He will get it done for less then $10,000. Simple enough. So how is the wording misleading? The only part that is really up in the air is will it make any HP. Shot, it may not even start.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
You guys play nice. Its an interesting project. Let's see where it goes.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.