Project: Cumm-a-long

Cory S

Reaction score
63/68 with an 88 would make a nice 1000hp on fuel set. Maybe a new ETR thumper, that would be nice with a 62-63.

What is your budget like?

Garrett

encrypted with an enigma machine

budget is what ever it takes to do it respectfully

ETR thumper?

Stainless

Reaction score
it wont be a DD mostly track. the truck has a he351 on it right now from the previous owner. i am looking for 1000 on fuel and then some spray after that. i assumed t4 was the way to go?? i am open to any and all suggestions for sure.

and if you know know of some good online stores to do some shopping that would be awesome! i really appreciate all the help!

T4 is great! I get all of my turbo stuff from a guy in Texas, good pricing and great to work with. If you would like any info on him I can give it to you!

budget is what ever it takes to do it respectfully

ETR thumper?

ETR or EFR Garrett? http://www.full-race.com/articles/borgwarner-efr-turbos.html

Cory, ETR is typically a Forced Inductions term, while EFR is the new BW turbos. I'd sooner go with the 88mm Garrett framed 6 blade billet wheel charger, that drops into the footprint of a GT55 yet flows more air...

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
The new ETR 11-blade comp wheels. They are GTX style with changes made and are for journal-bearing chargers so you get the better wheel without spending thousands on a Garrett GTX.

There is a thread on compD. I've always liked the GTX series and now that the wheels can be had in regular chargers I think they will do pretty good.

Garrett

Stainless

Reaction score
I know which thread you are talking about, I just wanted to make sure it was ETR and not EFR. He can't go wrong with either of those Garrett turbos.

Mikeh1725

Reaction score
I'd still go super b special (64/71/14) t3 over a 480 t4 flange.

Not sure if you had a cam on your list of things but I would call Hamilton cams and get one along with there 110 springs.

Mikeh1725

Reaction score
T3 64/71 over T4 S480 is not exactly a well sized set for 1000hp on fuel with a 12v. a T4/T6 set would be more suited for it.

Garrett

Good call, thinking the 64/480 would start having drive pressure issues now that I think about it.

What about a 66/74/.91t4 over something like a s483 for the primary?

With a t4/t6 I'm guessing a cam will be a must.

Last edited:

Cory S

Reaction score
I was thinking s366/s488 combo yes cam is defiantly on the list for sure.

I don't want to spend stupid money on turbos. If I really start getting in to racing I will then.

Sent from my Motorola razr (flip phone)

Cory S

Reaction score
well guys i changed my mind i think i wanna be able to drive it on the street. so i know that throws a little curve ball

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
HE351/S488 with an external gate and spray. Maybe smaller on the primary to make it better on the street and just make up for it with more bottle.

Garrett

Stainless

Reaction score
the EFR are some pretty nice units, but arent they pricey? i mean, if im spending someone else's money then it really doesnt matter. haha.

Garrett

They are, but I still like Garretts better!

I'd still go super b special (64/71/14) t3 over a 480 t4 flange.

Not sure if you had a cam on your list of things but I would call Hamilton cams and get one along with there 110 springs.

No. To every part of that.

T3 64/71 over T4 S480 is not exactly a well sized set for 1000hp on fuel with a 12v. a T4/T6 set would be more suited for it.

Garrett

Bingo. T4s can work just fine, but why would he want to run a Super B special? He's obviously never used one...

Good call, thinking the 64/480 would start having drive pressure issues now that I think about it.

What about a 66/74/.91t4 over something like a s483 for the primary?

With a t4/t6 I'm guessing a cam will be a must.

No. Just no.

I was thinking s366/s488 combo yes cam is defiantly on the list for sure.

I don't want to spend stupid money on turbos. If I really start getting in to racing I will then.

That combo isn't bad, but since you want street use, no. Use dual springs, not those ghetto Hamilton 110s. And when it comes to cams I don't like Hamilton either. Diesel Pros or Max Spool! I like my Max 2.5 cam.

Or should I go with a big single?

No.

HE351/S488 with an external gate and spray. Maybe smaller on the primary to make it better on the street and just make up for it with more bottle.

Garrett

That 88mm(Garrett or BW) will still make big power without spray, but he may be better suited with a 63/68 and a gate. And those can be had very cheap.

Stainless

Reaction score
so a 63/68 with an 88 would be somewhat streetable?

Yessir! Especially since you plan on porting the head and buying a cam.

But keep in mind you're talking to a guy who has a balanced motor with injectors big enough they haze at idle in his daily driver. LOL

Latest posts

Members online