Project: Reliability - Its 6.0 Delete Time

Agjake11

Reaction score
Sucks that it popped again but should be a good build to watch. Heads being cracked is a concern of mine also with the miles I've got

Matt_P

Reaction score
Well got a good amount done today but unfortunately the day didnt have the happiest ending. Got the drivetrain out of the donor truck and then I started tearing it apart. I got the head off and unfortunately didnt like what was under there. Before I had bought the donor truck one of the guys I live with took the intake manifold off and I thought he had put one back on, but his dumbass didnt bolt the manifold back down. So water and moisture got down in the engine and you can guess what the cylinder wall and piston bowl looks like on the cylinders that had the intake valve open.

Needless to say Im not too thrilled with my friend right now, now I unexpectedly have to rebuild the entire engine, so tomorrow will be tearing down the bottom end and getting the block to the machine shop:fustrate:

Here are some pics:

The professional way to pull a cab on a dodge LOL

Dont take cab bolts off just cut the body mounts off the frame:
d4e9e2eb.jpg

a9f9f5ac.jpg

fad608f2.jpg

DSC01046.jpg

Drivetrain out:

DSC01049.jpg

The Carnage: (dont mind the penetrating fluid in the one cylinder already)
DSC01057.jpg

And some heavy hauling in my rental jeep of a set of 7.3 heads and my 24v head
DSC01058.jpg

Ok just figured I would check thanks.

No problem, if anything changes Ill let you know

Sucks that it popped again but should be a good build to watch. Heads being cracked is a concern of mine also with the miles I've got

Yeah I was worried for a while that they would be cracked

Good Luck with the build!

Chris

Thanks!

good luck bud if you need any help let me know!

Thanks Konnor and will do!

Very excited about this!

Me too home slice! Just need things to start going a little more smooth!

Is the drivers side exhaust manifold spoken for?

Im wanting to sell that complete with the engine

Matt_P

Reaction score
That. Is. SH!TTY. :fustrate:

Oh yeah it definitely was the last thing I was wanting to see

poor cummins..definitely easier and cheaper to fix and more reliable than a 6leaker tho.

Yeah Im this far into it now I might as well fix it and basically have a brand new engine to put in he truck, oh well **** happens.

01dmax

Reaction score
The 24v is in the bed of my truck going to the machine shop in the morning. hopefully it can be back in a timely fashion so we can get that thing back on the road soon.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Any plans for an intake manifold?

Pretty sure that one is a no right now. 1st goal is a running, driving, reliable truck. Not to speak for Matt - but I am pretty sure this is to get things rolling until he can find and acquire a common rail engine for this truck - then this motor will be transferred over into the black truck.

I keep telling him just to toss in some 370 marines, lathe cut delivery valves, .120 lines, no fuel plate and a gutted AFC so he can fit in with all the other Cummins kids around..... LOL

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
I don't know anything about cummins but my uncle has a 02 with the six speed and it is the slowest thing ever! No acceleration at all...I just couldn't imajine going from a tuned 6.0 to that... will the p pump have more power than the VP 44 both with stock injectors and Turbo?

Matt_P

Reaction score
Here are some updated pictures, me and bryan were able to get the engine tore down today and I dropped the head at the machine shop this morning and the block will be there tomorrow along with the crank thats in the back seat of my jeep rental LOL

6d003971.jpg

37c17d10.jpg

DSC01062.jpg

DSC01064.jpg

DSC01069.jpg

DSC01071.jpg

Matt if you didn't have bad luck, you'd have no luck at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard that

That guy looks familiar.... LOL

Haha looks like Mr. HRT himself

sucks ass we just did all that work.

yes it does

The 24v is in the bed of my truck going to the machine shop in the morning. hopefully it can be back in a timely fashion so we can get that thing back on the road soon.

I hope so, Im just glad we got the whole engine tore down today

Any plans for an intake manifold?

As of right now I have no plans for it just cause I have to spend money on a whole rebuild kit for the engine now

Pretty sure that one is a no right now. 1st goal is a running, driving, reliable truck. Not to speak for Matt - but I am pretty sure this is to get things rolling until he can find and acquire a common rail engine for this truck - then this motor will be transferred over into the black truck.

I keep telling him just to toss in some 370 marines, lathe cut delivery valves, .120 lines, no fuel plate and a gutted AFC so he can fit in with all the other Cummins kids around..... LOL

Yeah thats pretty much the plan as of now.

And I think that sounds like an excellent plan, dont forget the 8" turnout hoodstack as well!

I don't know anything about cummins but my uncle has a 02 with the six speed and it is the slowest thing ever! No acceleration at all...I just couldn't imajine going from a tuned 6.0 to that... will the p pump have more power than the VP 44 both with stock injectors and Turbo?

Well it wont have stock injectors and turbo for long, the p pump can be modded and tuned for power, but as of now reliability is the key

Latest posts

Members online