Project "Sherbert"

imelmo

Reaction score
IT'S ALIVE!!! :D Big thanks to Jason (G Racing) for getting it going! Other than needing an hpop (3 acutally :doh: LOL ) after being flushed, surprisingly everything works! All the pw/pl/pm, cruise, ac, stereo/cd, etc... Very, very happy with it. Plus it got 21.6mpg on the way home! :eek: :rockon:

I haven't driven it yet (I drove ZMBYKLR there) but will be driving it later today. The guy that drove it insists it has to have a tune on it or something though because it feels stronger than our '05 dually, which has an air intake and Gearhead tow tune.

16CA37ED-688F-40DD-A4DC-D6F7262C0A56_zpsmavivh2w.jpg

There's been a change of plans with it though (again). LOL I'm not putting a 12 valve in it; just gonna use it as is as my company truck. I have other plans for the drag truck. :evil

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
didn't you know that you cant get that mileage with a 6.0?!?!

Finally. someone other than me sees that mileage.

imelmo

Reaction score
I don't think it has a tune on it like my employee said, but Sherbert is definitely a really good running truck. Has almost gasser response and pulls real hard for being completely stock other than an Absolute coolant filter and delta kit, especially for having 276,000+ miles on it. I did see some water spots around the coolant reservoir cap but not much. And I don't ever get that coolant smell, lol.

Here's a couple pics of the engine with the Absolute coolant filter kit and the Absolute delta kit with the fancy new billet fitting. I'm gonna have to put one of those fittings on ZMBYKLR.

0B23DA4B-5E37-4D4F-8465-3C122D87714F_zpsouhovh9k.jpg

6221B3E9-A9F3-4722-AA62-C4EA6F55486A_zps250452qs.jpg

Last edited:

swinky

Reaction score
My performance machine coolant filter looks 100x better.

Jk I need to get that ugly pos out of there and do one of these guys and the delta kit.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online