Project Ultimate Work Truck

Matt_P

Reaction score
I found a 07 dually lariat with a blown up engine. I have a 12v I'll throw in it along with a zf6. Just something cheap that I don't care about cutting in half.

Im working on getting that 6.0 sold but everyone up here is being a cheap bastard, just let me know when I need to bring my wiring diagrams and extra cummins C stickers down there

B.Warning

Reaction score
Im working on getting that 6.0 sold but everyone up here is being a cheap bastard, just let me know when I need to bring my wiring diagrams and extra cummins C stickers down there

You better have a lot of stickers. I'm thinking I need one on every window.... Big "C" ones too. LOL

TyCorr

Reaction score
You dont like the new truck or are you really cutting it and making it loooong?

I saw a 5500ram at the local dealer and that sucker has what appears to be a 10 or 12 foot utility bed on it. Brand new truck.

Matt_P

Reaction score

B.Warning

Reaction score
You dont like the new truck or are you really cutting it and making it loooong?

I saw a 5500ram at the local dealer and that sucker has what appears to be a 10 or 12 foot utility bed on it. Brand new truck.

I love my 6.7 but with what I do is just too dam nice to be used like I do and I don't want 2 trucks again. I'll build the fummins and use it as my clunker and invest the rest of the money back into farming.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
I love my 6.7 but with what I do is just too dam nice to be used like I do and I don't want 2 trucks again. I'll build the fummins and use it as my clunker and invest the rest of the money back into farming.

This is what I keep telling myself everytime I start thinking about how nice a 6.7 would be. I feel like I would be afraid to use it for as a truck because they are so dang nice!

TyCorr

Reaction score

Hey man, I can totally understand and respect that. At the end of the day, its just a truck. I think your plan will produce a stout work truck.

B.Warning

Reaction score
Any progress

Yes and no. Ended up not selling it and have continued to beat the hell out of it. Not a whole lot has changed other than adding a set of bushwacker street flares

d67bcb66fda148accd8b94cf68a7cfb8.jpg

9c9aef9e19d34a7c2a0d0c974d483d60.jpg

Bought a set of UWS boxes that I'm replacing the Geneva boxes with. Going to mount them on both sides right behind the headache rack then slide the side boxes back. I'm out of room with all my boxes plum full so these will be nice.

75def275d9d98a4bcb4ffd8f064870e9.jpg

Decided to change the wheels up and went with a set of Centerline, forged, polished, 20x12 to run up front. I ordered them a week ago and he said 4-6 weeks to build and ship.

7fe147b054cb0a3d1665933ffee1c6c7.jpg

Other than that I need to blast the bumper and bed to repaint but that's gonna be a winter project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diezelfreak

Reaction score
How did you like it as far as seeing in the field at night time I like my 20". But we were thinking bout putting one on the headache rack of our 2 ton.

B.Warning

Reaction score
How did you like it as far as seeing in the field at night time I like my 20". But we were thinking bout putting one on the headache rack of our 2 ton.

It was great for seeing across the field a long ways but I found that if I aimed it down for closer distance it glared on my hood real bad. I have 2 sets of rigid d2 in the front bumper also. I also have 2 sets of flush mounts and a set of rock lights that are going on the bed for work lights.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
It was great for seeing across the field a long ways but I found that if I aimed it down for closer distance it glared on my hood real bad. I have 2 sets of rigid d2 in the front bumper also. I also have 2 sets of flush mounts and a set of rock lights that are going on the bed for work lights.
gonna look like a ufo out in the fields at night! those should light up a few acres for ya. lol

live life full throttle

B.Warning

Reaction score
gonna look like a ufo out in the fields at night! those should light up a few acres for ya. lol

live life full throttle

Haha. 2 of the flush mounts are going in the side of the headache rack and aim to the sides of the truck to help with fueling, and other shlt. Other 2 will go on the back of the bed for reverse lights but also to help with dropping heads on header trailers, etc. the rock lights will go on the boxes to light up the bed floor for a work platform at nights.

Latest posts

Members online