Proper way to use and set up integrated trailer brake controller

fordman2121

Reaction score
We tried putting a factory controller in dads 6.4 and it wouldn't work. Dealer said it would need a flash and possibly a master cylinder. So we sent it back.

Snake

Reaction score
That's accurate. The factory intergrated brake controllers are much more complex than an aftermarket one, such as a Prodigy. The OEM ones require a PCM flash and a different master cylinder.....something I learned recently.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
the pcm flash is to make the dash work with the controller.

the master cylinder is the make the controller progressive with the pedal.

snake, im assuming it was not cheap to accomplish a retro-fit? just wondering what the cost was.

Snake

Reaction score
the pcm flash is to make the dash work with the controller.

the master cylinder is the make the controller progressive with the pedal.

snake, im assuming it was not cheap to accomplish a retro-fit? just wondering what the cost was.

I'm not too sure what the final cost is (my truck came with the TBC from the factory), but I've seen several people change their minds about buying OEM after adding things up. Not too long ago, I thought the retrofit was as simple as buying and installing an aftermarket unit and learned it wasn't.

Johnny77Mutt

Reaction score
I always thought they all came with them. I have a bare bones truck, roll windows, vinyl floor, bench seat....and it came with the brake system. My gooseneck is 5500 empty and I usually run it on 4, loaded I run around 9.5 or 10 with 5-11k.

Latest posts

Members online