Pro's and con's between the Black Max, spartan, and SCT touch?

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Thanks BellyBoat.

Yeah I have heard it would only be released for the Mini and Black as well. Guess we will find out shortly. Heard MCC is in the beta test stage now. If every thing goes right should be released in a few weeks. Hopefully. I am going to pick up the Mini Maxx on Friday. Now I just need to find some thing that will give me data logging.

I have analog Glow Schit gauges. Should I put those in or just monitor the H&S?

The minimaxx is a good set of gauges. But it only displays 4 at a time. If you arent running anything really wild, I would say that the unit is enough. But, if you are pushing her hard, I would at least consider using the gauges.

If i had a separate pyro, boost, and EBP gauge, I would run them, as well as be able to monitor several other parameters as I saw fit to rotate and check them...

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
I currently have egt, fuel pressure, transmission temperature, and boost. Do the make a 4 pod for a 08? I prefer the a pillar or over head.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
I currently have egt, fuel pressure, transmission temperature, and boost. Do the make a 4 pod for a 08? I prefer the a pillar or over head.
I dont know about a 4 pod.... I have seen 3 pods on the A pillar.
Buy dash daq...then you can monitor 24 things at the same time if you wanted...

totally agree with this^^^^^^^^ Love my Spartan tuning, AND I have the Dash Daq for monitoring everything!

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
And I agree with both of y'all. Lol I want Spartan to watch parameters and data logging. That's the goal.

jdiesel_us

Reaction score
The 529 price is for a dashdaq monitor only. It is being sold by a vendor on here for that price but has no tuning options just gauges, don't quote me on the no tuning but I believe that is why the price difference is so great. Watch the classifieds, I bought my dashdaq used from a guy who sold his truck for a deal. Spartan was great for helping me get it registered to my truck.

WILD_PHIL

Reaction score
Do you know if that cheaper Spartan does data logging? Thanks for correcting that. I was certain I seen it at that price, but when I looked at it again it was 1249.99. I'm more then happy to buy it used, as soon as I find the right price.

BFT

Reaction score
The 1249 is for licensing and tunes. You would need to pay for licensing in order to monitor temps and what not on the dash daq I believe

tensixniner

Reaction score
Do you know if that cheaper Spartan does data logging? Thanks for correcting that. I was certain I seen it at that price, but when I looked at it again it was 1249.99. I'm more then happy to buy it used, as soon as I find the right price.

There is no cheaper Spartan.
Drewtech makes the "DashDaq". It works on any obd2 car.
Spartan buys it with the added programming feature and adds their tunes selling it as the "Phalanx".
The only difference being that the Phalanx can program your PCM tcm.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
The 1249 is for licensing and tunes. You would need to pay for licensing in order to monitor temps and what not on the dash daq I believe

The standard DashDAQ that Holderdown is a dealer for allows for gauges and data logging. It is not tunable though. I'm not sure if you get "Ford Specific" PID's free or if you have to pay a license fee to get them. The basic PID's are probably free but the extended license is not.

To WILD_PHIL:

Like stated, there is only one Spartan Phalanx. We (Spartan Diesel Technologies) use Drew Technologies' DashDAQ XL for our tuning device. The DashDAQ can be purchased from Drew Technologies or a dealer (like Holderdown Performance). What you purchase from us is a DashDAQ that has been converted into a tuning device.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
The standard DashDAQ that Holderdown is a dealer for allows for gauges and data logging. It is not tunable though. I'm not sure if you get "Ford Specific" PID's free or if you have to pay a license fee to get them. The basic PID's are probably free but the extended license is not.

The DD like holderdown sells gets all the same pids I have on my spartan DD, The only difference is the tuning capabilities that the phalanx has

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
The DD like holderdown sells gets all the same pids I have on my spartan DD, The only difference is the tuning capabilities that the phalanx has

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for clearing that up, Josh. That's what I figured.

Latest posts

Members online