PS pump change now no brake HELP!

MDpsd06

Reaction score
I'm starting to think that I never had a PS Issue and it was a hydro issue the whole time

MDpsd06

Reaction score
took it to a buddies shop to see his thoughts. He thinks that it is the Master cylinder. I have one on order should be here friday, Ill throw it in friday night and lets pray that this is the fix.

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
If the pedal doesn't sink with the engine not running, master not likely the issue. For what its worth, if you press on ANY hydro boost equipped brake pedal hard enough, it will keep sinking to the floor.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
So you only bled the brake system after the pump replacement? Is there still air in the power steering? Did you ever get the wheels to turn or is it still hard as hell?

MDpsd06

Reaction score
So you only bled the brake system after the pump replacement? Is there still air in the power steering? Did you ever get the wheels to turn or is it still hard as hell?

I bled the power steering pump by turning the wheel lifted in the air back and forth around 60ish times. Had a buddy watching the resevior to make sure no more foaming was happening. And it's still hard to turn the wheel when at stop. But I didn't know If that was because I have 20x12s with 420s

Last edited:

MDpsd06

Reaction score
If the pedal doesn't sink with the engine not running, master not likely the issue. For what its worth, if you press on ANY hydro boost equipped brake pedal hard enough, it will keep sinking to the floor.

Ok I was starting to wonder that too. But is it normal to let out a hissing noise when it gets to the floor?

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
You didn't bleed it wrong, that's correct procedure. 12 wides are putting a bit more load on the power steering than stock sized tires, being harder to turn the wheel at a stop is going to be harder for the truck. Are you checking steering with your foot on the brake? Because that will be putting more load on the pump, and basically taking pressure from the pump for the brake booster.

Where is the hissing noise coming from? Without hearing it, I can't say its normal. But it could be just the pump.

If you don't try to push the pedal to the floor, and just drive the truck normally, do you have brakes? Does the truck stop normally? Does the truck steer normally when driving? If you can answer yes to these questions, you're probably chasing an issue that is not really an issue.

If the pedal doesn't sink to the floor with the truck not running, it would rule out leaks in the master, ABS HCU, calipers etc.

Last edited:

MDpsd06

Reaction score
Alright thanks for all your help guys. I drove my dads truck to work today which is the same as mine and his does the same thing. New to the diesel world so I didn't know, and I'm about anal when it comes to a problem with my truck. But I really appreciate the help

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.