pull ur dipstick jimmy

stroker221

Reaction score
Popped the hood today to check oil. Then figured what the hell ill check trans fluid also. Pulled it out and bout **** when I seen black chunks on it. So I put it back in and pulled back out 10 times. Each time being less and less black. Couldn't believe how theres clutch material in trans with how flawless it has been since it was built. I spose I'm on borrowed time now. Probly 10k on built trans. Resbestous or however u spell it couch packs. Damnnnnnn

stroker221

Reaction score
So now to..... Drain pan and refill with new ATF.. park it for a few months... Or just drive it... Idk

stroker221

Reaction score
I'm sure it would be much cheaper to put in new clutch packs now rather than converter and everything else in a couple thousand miles right?

dsberman94

Reaction score
Clutch material sinks into the pan. At least that's what my trans guy told me. Nothing should be floating around, it should be stuck on the magnet or in the filter if it's actually that bad.

stroker221

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the piece of mind. I'd like to take the pan off and check but I know how finicky these thinks are and would hate to cause a problem if there isn't one. I'll probly drop the pan anyways eventually and if it all looks decent then I may just replace the dipstick tube..

Latest posts

Members online