Punisher Truck Won't Start?

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Danny is a good guy and everyone likes him, I don't see anyone trying to screw him over being an issue. I know it will get figured out soon enough.

imelmo

Reaction score
Weird that it would cause issues now...

But I'm curious as to how much anti sieze was used for it to be gobbing up in the injectors?

I don't think that's the issue. I think it's gonna be something simple.

I'll update after I hear from Jason.

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
If Anti Seize is the problem I am more then willing to take full responsibility. I did use Anti Seize as Stud lubricant. I was in a time crunch and ARP Recommended it. But the amount that is being said does not add up. I am more then willing to take Danny truck back in and have it fixed to what ever needs to be done. If the guy in Beaumont finds Anti Seize is the problem, I will personally drive down, pick the truck up. Bring it back to my shop. Completely pull the engine, check all bearing. Replace anything that my have been effected by the anti seize. I just dont understand how the anti seize is the problem, if it went from running to not running in a year of storage. I know the truck was not completed when it left my shop. There are pics of an unfinished product that left my shop. And never had the opportunity to produce a finished product. The shims missing in the valve train is my problem, A: the machine shop didnt put them in and I missed it while assembling the engine. B: they were not in the package of the valve springs when delivered to the machine shop, (either way its was my responsibility). I am glad Doug caught that before damage was done. I hate to see Danny having these issue! I am more then willing to do what I can to take care of this truck. I will do it all on my own dime and in a very timely manor, no matter whos issue it was. The truck has so many hands in it, that no one really knows what is what.

Stand up thing right here.

I just hope Danny gets it going soon. :ford:

imelmo

Reaction score
Well, Jason at G Racing got the truck started. Apparently the hpop went out. He had low pressure oil but no high pressure. Swapped the hpop with one he had, cranked it a couple times and it fired right up.

That's the good news. :doh:

Bad news, cylinder #3 is low, apparently a bad injector. Compression was good but power isn't.

Plan is to go ahead and fix the remaining items then address the injectors.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
Well, Jason at G Racing got the truck started. Apparently the hpop went out. He had low pressure oil but no high pressure. Swapped the hpop with one he had, cranked it a couple times and it fired right up.

That's the good news. :doh:

Bad news, cylinder #3 is low, apparently a bad injector. Compression was good but power isn't.

Plan is to go ahead and fix the remaining items then address the injectors.

glad to hear it!

even though it wasn't the orings on the dummy plugs, I'm still going to make a thread about how awesome I am and how I'm the Savior de la Punisher.

SINNER

Reaction score
Phuckers don't run well with twinkies in em do they? LOL

Sucks it turned out how it did Danny. I still have some random 6.0 parts scattered around if you need anything specific let me know.

my79f

Reaction score
That truck seems to eat injectors for breakfast.

Sorry about your luck buddy. But i cant wait to see it RUN!!!

windrunner408

Reaction score
That is a good question. When i was restoring from my headstud/oil cooler delete install, I cranked my truck and it started but I noticed I had a LPO leak so I shut the truck down, well obviously I didnt get all of the air out of the system but either way the truck would not restart until I replaced the HPOP. I have no idea why it failed or what caused it to but it did suck to pay to replace. Would love to know if anyone has any ideas. I am sure both me and Danny would.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Guys This is not a awol thread. Keep it about Danny's truck only and the progress being made to get it where it needs to be. Thanks.

Spindrift

Reaction score
Good question. As long as your LPOP is feeding the oil reservoir, I wouldn't think it should be an issue. But heck, too many have failed so it makes me wonder where the weak link may be.

windrunner408

Reaction score
Do these HPOPs maybe eat themselves if they've run dry for a bit?

I have to say that I think they are VERY sensitive to getting air bound. Some may disagree but IMO, I would say that if you are restoring from any work that involved opening the HPO system and the vehicle starts, you should run it up to operating temperature and for about 20 mins at that temp with a couple good hard accelerations from 50-70mph and that WILL get the air out.

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
I have to say that I think they are VERY sensitive to getting air bound. Some may disagree but IMO, I would say that if you are restoring from any work that involved opening the HPO system and the vehicle starts, you should run it up to operating temperature and for about 20 mins at that temp with a couple good hard accelerations from 50-70mph and that WILL get the air out.

how do you initially get air out of the HPOP? just crank it over and let the LPOP do the work?

Garrett

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Anybody heard anything on the progress? Is it on the road yet? Is Danny just gonna run the Powermax for now, then put the procharger and the other turbo back on later?

G Racing

Reaction score
The truck starts an runs. Getting a few parts gathered up so I can finish a few odds and ends. When it's all back together I'll get gare to come over and shoot a short video.

Latest posts

Members online