Push rod install ?s

94.5 Stroker

Reaction score
I have Chrome moly push rods to put in my truck. Yes I know I should do springs to, but this motor is mild and I got these really cheap. My question is: What is the valve lash on the rocker arms or are they just tight? Is their anything special I should be aware of when I dive into this?

Thanks Cody

neverkickn

Reaction score
What?? Wait how are the springs gonna collapse?

I meant that the springs will compress to allow the rocker to bolt down tight.
Below is a link to engine assembly instructions. Scroll down to page 23. The instructions assume that the springs and lifters have already been installed and set to the proper height. It really is a super easy procedure. Just be careful if you remove the rocker arm all the way not to lose the ball bearing. I would suggest only loosening the bolts on the rocker enough to remove and reinstall the pushrod. Helps keep everything together.

Happy wreiching:)

http://dieselinnovations.com/techfiles/73_engine_assebling_steps.pdf

TURTLE

Reaction score
:popcorn:

Those are the types of things I have terrible dreams about and wake up in a cold sweat....

Arisley

Reaction score
Yeah, my sister was helping me on a carb years ago. Dropped a small cotter pin down the carb. I finally found it sitting on top of the number 3 piston.

buschpoweredstroker

Reaction score
i'd plug the oil passages on the bottom corners of the head w/ a rag just in case. a couple years ago we rebuilt a complete motor, a younger cousin (like 12 or 13) was working with me and he wanted to put the oil pan on worse than bad so I let him. Afterwards, while installing the rocker assemblies we dropped a ball down one of those oil ports... pan had to come back off... just plug the ports to be safe.