QSSB into an HFSB

DocBar

Reaction score
He's more than a week behind on some orders. He's about 8 months behind on giving me a price for my turbo's. It's a bit frustrating but my rig is up and running well right now, so I'm not in a huge rush.

Sounds like he is doing R&D work with your turbo more than anything, which is awesome ha
Not in the least. Pius has forgotten more about turbos than 99% of this forum has gained. He's at least 76 and works with his son. That's Bell Turbo. If you're interested in perfection, you don't rush it.

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Well got my turbo back late last night and it looks like a new turbo, total on the conversion plus shipping was $735. Going to install it later after work, Pius thought the clocking was a little strange on it but he returned it to where I had it.

I'm running no inner cooler so that's why. Will take round a half hour for install then I should be golden!

2000wa250

Reaction score
You get her done! Wheres the pics!!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

powerSmokin

Reaction score
I'll try to get pics later today unfortunately it took 50 mins to do, due to the highly fudged up downpipe that Irate shipped to me.

Strokersace

Reaction score
I'll try to get pics later today unfortunately it took 50 mins to do, due to the highly fudged up downpipe that Irate shipped to me.

Let me guess... When the top portion was in the proper location, the bottom angles down and into the trans instead of towards the back if the truck to hook into old exhaust???

2000wa250

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, yes, this was more or less dereks problem

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Let me guess... When the top portion was in the proper location, the bottom angles down and into the trans instead of towards the back if the truck to hook into old exhaust???

Well when I originally got it, the downpipe piping angling down was wayy too steep. Went right into the block, 2 years ago at the Spokane charity dyno Andrew did a quick fix and cut it up and re welded it. It fits in the rest of the downpipe, it just leaks and is barely in there.

I sent pics and told Jake about the issue but was told I would get a new one, 2 years later i still see nothing. Customer service and quality at its best.....

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Well when I originally got it, the downpipe piping angling down was wayy too steep. Went right into the block, 2 years ago at the Spokane charity dyno Andrew did a quick fix and cut it up and re welded it. It fits in the rest of the downpipe, it just leaks and is barely in there.

I sent pics and told Jake about the issue but was told I would get a new one, 2 years later i still see nothing. Customer service and quality at its best.....

Unfortunately buddy I continue to hear these things regularly

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Here is a pic of my setup
IMG_12991_zps9987c3e7.jpg

powerSmokin

Reaction score
I left it at a buddies for tuning after I drove it for a few days. It is a rocket on the hotter tunes but the fueling needs to be adjusted down low. I have a hard time not getting to 40 psi. There are no studs on it currently so I'm taking it easy until I do.

It definitely flows more air compared to the qssb.

FORD7.3

Reaction score
Looks good little buddy!! Ill have to check this out and take a ride in it with the new air flow when I'm in town next weekend!!

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Spooling is a little quicker but that is due to some tuning tweaks most likely. Boost gets up there no prob. Seems like im always riding on 10 pounds of boost. Ill try to get some vids this weekend. You have to only go half throttle and it will shoot up to 40-45lbs on the hotter tunes. Im not studded yet so im pushing it i know :)

The one thing that I did notice was the qssb could not clean up my 225's the greatest but this turbo has no problem doing it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.