Question for a slow night - S400 series turbos

Buck1

Reaction score
Anyone ventured down this path yet in regards to using one of these as a single? Seems popular for the Dmax crowd using these with similar inducer sizes as upper end S300 frame turbos. Maybe we aren't to that point yet? Just curious.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Pretty sure mpd posted a picture on Facebook last week of a s475 mounted up. I could be mistaken though

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a Powerstroke, with a TDI on the side!

RedRice589

Reaction score
I saw that as well.. Doesn't seem we have airflow problems like older ford motors on stock fuel... Don't see us having the fuel to maintain. It'd be drivable but I do t see the fuel being there stock. It would seem a nice 66 or 68 with dual fuel is the most usable. I'm sure it's possible lol

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Yes we are now building s 400 kits but they Probly won't be released until higher stall converters are out
Dallas@suncoast will be testing the first kit with there new built trans and a restalled stock converter

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

fordman2121

Reaction score
I know this is an older post but. We just put a s467 on my brothers. Stock fuel on 37s cclb on generic hs tuning ran a 13.9 @96 mph then hooked back up to the trailer and pulled the pulling truck home.

weapons120

Reaction score
I know this is an older post but. We just put a s467 on my brothers. Stock fuel on 37s cclb on generic hs tuning ran a 13.9 @96 mph then hooked back up to the trailer and pulled the pulling truck home.
This is exactly what I want to put on mine. What kit did you use and do you have a video of the truck you could put up ?

Thanks

fordman2121

Reaction score
I've got a video but its not worth uploading, track was dark. As far as a kit we bought some pieces and made the intake. Thing actually amazes me on how good it tows. Pulling the pulling truck( truck weighs 8k and trailer is 4k) it pulls really good. We tow in 5th since 6th gear at 60 is like 1300 rpm with the 37s. It does down shift more often but like I said we have not tuned at all. The hood bracing had to be trimmed and still tweaking the intercooler pipes so they don't rub. We are talking about making the intake and intercooler as well. Probably dyno it down at scheid.

Latest posts

Members online