Question for the Wheel Spacer Haters/Lovers (Whichever category you may fall in)

78f100

Reaction score
I see the often at my shop. I have 4 I just pulled off a 06 f250 that was running 08 factory wheels. Customer was complaining about a hop they couldn't figure out, we removed the spacers and found cracks at nearly all the studs, like they were breaking out of the side of the spacer. Get some good quality ones and you will be fine, cheap ones are dangerous.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
Wheel adapters are one place where you get what you pay for.

I would say I can't justify risking my family members lives just to save a few bucks.

Less than 400 dollars is a fair price IMO.

Jomax

Reaction score
Like I said in my original post, I could not ever justify spending as much on 4 small pieces of steel as I did for my wheels. That's why I made this post.

Then maybe sell the rims and find some that work for you? Do you understand that the area you're trying to save a few bucks is the place that can be life and death? We aren't talking about saving some money with a parts store trans or water pump. If those go bad the trucks stops.

If spacers go bad. Well... just hope they dont.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Josh923

Reaction score
Then maybe sell the rims and find some that work for you? Do you understand that the area you're trying to save a few bucks is the place that can be life and death? We aren't talking about saving some money with a parts store trans or water pump. If those go bad the trucks stops.

If spacers go bad. Well... just hope they dont.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

No disrespect, but you're providing information that is doing nothing other than derailing my thread. I'm not selling my "rims." Don't be ridiculous. You completely missed my point. For every person who runs a $900 set of spacers there are 20 people who run other sets. Aside from people posting biased opinions with no hard evidence against T6-6061 aluminum spacers, all I've read from ACTUAL owners about them is that they work fine.

78f100

Reaction score
I have a brake rotor at the shop I will try to take pics of and post. Studs broke off a cheap spacer and he rode the brake rotor to a stop after the wheel came off, hit him in the rear bumper somehow then passed him on the interstate. I see everyone's point, but personally it's not worth the risk to me, even though I see them working well most of the time, the few bad ones I have seen scare me.

JMart

Reaction score
I have a brake rotor at the shop I will try to take pics of and post. Studs broke off a cheap spacer and he rode the brake rotor to a stop after the wheel came off, hit him in the rear bumper somehow then passed him on the interstate. I see everyone's point, but personally it's not worth the risk to me, even though I see them working well most of the time, the few bad ones I have seen scare me.

A messed up rotor is nothing compared to a wheel/tire when it hits oncoming traffic. I dodged one coming at me but the Explorer behind me hit it dead center. Looked like he hit a telephone pole right before hit went into the ditch and rolled it.

Moral of the story is its not just you and your truck taking the risk, but everyone on the road around you.

Josh923

Reaction score

A messed up rotor is nothing compared to a wheel/tire when it hits oncoming traffic. I dodged one coming at me but the Explorer behind me hit it dead center. Looked like he hit a telephone pole right before hit went into the ditch and rolled it.

Moral of the story is its not just you and your truck taking the risk, but everyone on the road around you.

These I like. Cold, hard evidence.
I'm not sure what I'm going to do at this point. I may just deal with only using 90% of my radius..

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I have ran spacers (Adapters Actually) on my 96 Impala that I road raced, auto-xed and drag raced for years. Have Vette wheels on the car. Never had a problem. They are billet, hub centric on both sides so the load is not on the studs (Big Point). So dont go cheap. These were not cheap.
If you are thinking just for turning, dont get them. If I remember right to get hub centric on both sides the minimum length is 1.75".
Your post about 20:1 might be true. But of those 20, which ones are trailer queens and pavement pounders. Cheap adapters are fine on trucks that never see dirt or the asphalt for that matter.

Josh923

Reaction score
I have ran spacers (Adapters Actually) on my 96 Impala that I road raced, auto-xed and drag raced for years. Have Vette wheels on the car. Never had a problem. They are billet, hub centric on both sides so the load is not on the studs (Big Point). So dont go cheap. These were not cheap.
If you are thinking just for turning, dont get them. If I remember right to get hub centric on both sides the minimum length is 1.75".
Your post about 20:1 might be true. But of those 20, which ones are trailer queens and pavement pounders. Cheap adapters are fine on trucks that never see dirt or the asphalt for that matter.

Thanks for the post, I appreciate the input! This is actually very refreshing. What I am looking at are hubcentric and billet aluminum (T6-6061). I don't beat my truck up either. For the most part, the only off-roading I do is driving it down to our pond, out to the deer feeders, etc. Nothing too harsh. I've learned that doing mach 90 through a mud hole is an easy way to burn up your pockets.

mandkole

Reaction score
This is what I ended up with--

https://www.motorsport-tech.com/bora.html

Like I said, no issues so far. Have about 1500 miles on the set and most of it at 18K gross with trailer. I plan to look at them every so often just to be sure. The only issue I had was that teach of he studs weren't all pulled in all the way. (I got concerned at first thinking the spline was stripped...) At least one stud on each spacer needed to be pulled in before it would torque up.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.