Question on a ezlynk connection

powerstrokezach6.7

Reaction score
I am having a hard time connecting my ezlynk to my truck. It is saying error communicating with vehicle. And gives me step by step instructions to troubleshoot it. So I follow them but does it all over again. Both batteries are charged. Is there a reason why it doesn't want to connect to me truck.

ImAti0n

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Try turning the truck off and locking the doors. That'll help "reset" the ecm. If not leave it unplugged for 3-4 hours. That's what did the trick for me. This is per ez Lynk support also.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Nelly2alpha

Reaction score
I had to have my pick up running for the EZ lynk to be recognized not just the key on but cranked and running it freaked me out at first because i was swapping tuners so I was ******d and it was throwing a bunch codes but after the truck was running and then it got communication it went through the sequence and tuned it and all was well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

06-sixoh

Reaction score
Is your app saying it can't connect to the EZ Lynk, or is your EZ Lynk not actually communicating with the truck?

06-sixoh

Reaction score
I'm not even going to act like I know anything about the EZ Lynk system, but when was the last time it updated?

I've only seen where my app doesn't connect to the EZ Lynk, and I can't get gauges. When this happens, I let the truck run for a minute or two, then try to pull up my gauges again. Usually works.

jcain

Reaction score
Take the ezlynk and the obd cable out of the truck, take it inside, set it on the kitchen table, watch an episode of cops, take back to truck, plug it all in, restart your phone, open app, connect.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Are you certain your phone is keeping the wi-fi connection throughout the process? If you are near a common wi-fi connection a lot of phones will want to switch when the app is closed or something. Make sure its always connected to the EZLynk wifi.

We have used quite a few of them without any hiccups at all. Should be something very simple!

ImAti0n

Reaction score
I only have the one wifi set up and it's the ezlynk wifi connection. I need to maybe check fuses but not to sure what fuse I need to check

Have you tried Jcain's and I's advice and removing it all together from the truck for a few hours and trying it again?

That's was the trick for me and ez Lynk support said that would most likely do it also.

powerstrokezach6.7

Reaction score
Have you tried Jcain's and I's advice and removing it all together from the truck for a few hours and trying it again?

That's was the trick for me and ez Lynk support said that would most likely do it also.

Right now it's been sitting in my house for a couple hours. I will try again in the morning.

Latest posts

Members online