race truck's new setup

Reaction score
8c0a1092.jpg

2ecb2676.jpg

strokin6L

Reaction score
Those billet heads look freakin awesome. I seen some pics recently on facebook when Empire finished them.

Last edited:

TANK'S 250

Reaction score
It's pretty simple...clean, clean, clean, find out what alloy composition the aluminum is....and most importantly...preheat...without preheating...it will...uh....look like that.

sorry no pics...but I've done it many many times.

Last edited:

Boostfed

Reaction score
That probably came out a little different than I wanted lol. I have tried to weld cast and its usually with **** results, especially if its a used part. Already a dirty material and add a life of being exposed to oil and or water and it only gets worse. Its something on the truck that I've wanted to fix for a while but almost scared to try in the fact that it may make it worse. If it gets redone, it will be done on a brand new cover. Most of the cover was welded the night before we tried to make it to indy after about 40 hours strait of working on the trucks new front ennd makeover and, yes, its not the best looking in the world by any means, and I hate to say this more than anyone, but it works for right now. Probably something I'll never publicly say ever it again.

TANK'S 250

Reaction score
That probably came out a little different than I wanted lol. I have tried to weld cast and its usually with **** results, especially if its a used part. Already a dirty material and add a life of being exposed to oil and or water and it only gets worse. Its something on the truck that I've wanted to fix for a while but almost scared to try in the fact that it may make it worse. If it gets redone, it will be done on a brand new cover. Most of the cover was welded the night before we tried to make it to indy after about 40 hours strait of working on the trucks new front ennd makeover and, yes, its not the best looking in the world by any means, and I hate to say this more than anyone, but it works for right now. Probably something I'll never publicly say ever it again.

yep...older parts SUCKKKK to weld on...you have to chemically clean them due to the dirt/oil getting deep into the "pores" of the metal.

I said I've done it many times,..but I didn't say I liked doing it...LOL....it is sooo labor intensive cleaning and preheating ...

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
A built 48re would be awesome behind all this power. A lot of guys racing Duramax's are going to that transmission.

01PSD

Reaction score
I think it would be really cool to get as low in the 9s (possible 8s? who knows) as possible with the OEM transmission (built of course LOL), but at some point the 5r110 probably just isn't going to cut it, need something to shift when it should each time, every time

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.