Racer x transmissions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyCorr

Reaction score
If my transmission breaks I'm going with DI. :D

I didnt forget! :D I had to work today. Im gonna let a couple days pass to see what/if anybody gets back to me and then Ill sort it all out. Theeeeen Ill give David a call. Just so I can keep all this straight.

TyCorr

Reaction score

Riiiiiight! But this thread was started to get feedback on racer x and what they build/can build or if they can not. Some people that pull are telling me that racer x CAN build a good tranny and it holds up to power and abuse.

I started this thread as an alternative to bts. I realize the potential drawbacks of going with a non-bts trans. Problem is I need a tranny before winter gets here. I have been forced to keep my options open. Potential business isnt a priority to some shops and unfortunately I need my slushbox done. The sooner the better. I am having trouble gettin ahold of the other shop so Im looking around.

It doesnt matter how great something is if ya cant get it Linc ;)

7.3PokesFan

Reaction score
After reading your other thread about BTS i called them and was talking to Brian in about 10 minutes with him telling me I could get a new tranny put in on aug. 28. So if you cant get ahold of them you aint tryin hard enough.:doh: not tryin to be a jackass but you sounded pissed in the other thread so I tried and had no problems.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Riiiiiight! But this thread was started to get feedback on racer x and what they build/can build or if they can not. Some people that pull are telling me that racer x CAN build a good tranny and it holds up to power and abuse.

I started this thread as an alternative to bts. I realize the potential drawbacks of going with a non-bts trans. Problem is I need a tranny before winter gets here. I have been forced to keep my options open. Potential business isnt a priority to some shops and unfortunately I need my slushbox done. The sooner the better. I am having trouble gettin ahold of the other shop so Im looking around.

It doesnt matter how great something is if ya cant get it Linc ;)

Yeah i know that.... the yes bts comment was about him having his tq converters built to his specs and not just a off the shelf converter...... i shoulda used a quote.

Last edited:

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Is sled pulling as hard on a trans as drag racing? Just curious?

Is anyone drag racing their trans?

DZL JIM

Reaction score
Not a 100% sure but i think he has the tq converter built to his specifications.

Yes I know.
I should have been more clear.
I was refering to him using a converter "off-his-shelf."
Many can't believe he doesn't tailor the converter to the specific truck, is all I was getting at. Just one size fits all.

Is sled pulling as hard on a trans as drag racing? Just curious?

Drag racing is way harder on a trans than sled pulls.

JD3020

Reaction score
Since my converter killed its self last night and prolly did some damage to the tranny, i'm now looking for a re-build. How is Racer x priced compared to say BTS or the others?

Right now my options i'm looking into are BTS, Redline Diesel Power(big diesel shop in northern Ohio), and Racer X.

powerstrokenstang

Reaction score
I ran racerx parts in my trans when i had the auto in my puller. Held up great and i was extremely hard on it. Ill never use anything else in an auto, but thats just my opinion.

TyCorr

Reaction score
After reading your other thread about BTS i called them and was talking to Brian in about 10 minutes with him telling me I could get a new tranny put in on aug. 28. So if you cant get ahold of them you aint tryin hard enough.:doh: not tryin to be a jackass but you sounded pissed in the other thread so I tried and had no problems.

This month alone, 15 phone calls. Two were answered. Brian was busy but would call me back in a few minutes. I dont have all day to be making phone calls. If you called once and you were answered aaaand they put Brian on the phone consider yourself lucky. I still dont see how this has anything to do with me actually needing a transmission rebuild? So you called in and lied and said you needed a trans and even asked for a date? Maybe why people that actually need service cant get it. Congratulations.

Back on topic, I havent ruled bts out altogether but thats got sh@t to do with this thread.

Racerx as of this minute is deciding on clutches and said after that the estimate will be ready for me to look at.

Actually checked my yahoo acct and the bid is in:
"Hi Tyler,
I’m quoting you a Full Custom 4R100 4x4 transmission with Eagle X6TC Torque Converter, new sensors, new cooler with fittings, flex line, extra filters and shipping.* " 4928.00

7.3PokesFan

Reaction score
I didnt lie I do need a transmission thats why I am going Aug 28! When I go they are going to get me one of his chips, the trans and torq, and if I can get the money together a new turbo. If it all falls in place I will be driving home one badass truck!
The trans and torq 4500, his chip is 400 all tunes are free as many reburns as you want, and the turbo will be decided on the amount I can scratch up. Oh and he will put my new 6.0 trans cooler on for me to. Like I said I wasnt trying to be an ass but if I can call one time and get ahold of him well. Good luck with the RacerX tranny keep us updated on how it is!!

Last edited:

TyCorr

Reaction score
I didnt lie I do need a transmission thats why I am going Aug 28! When I go they are going to get me one of his chips, the trans and torq, and if I can get the money together a new turbo. If it all falls in place I will be driving home one badass truck!
The trans and torq 4500, his chip is 400 all tunes are free as many reburns as you want, and the turbo will be decided on the amount I can scratch up. Oh and he will put my new 6.0 trans cooler on for me to. Like I said I wasnt trying to be an ass but if I can call one time and get ahold of him well. Good luck with the RacerX tranny keep us updated on how it is!!

Riiiiight on! Im not sure what this really has to do with anything. I get your point but that doesnt really make any point about a racer x trans. It simply means that they found something about you to be worthwhile and judging from this post I can see what.

I guess some of us are just expected to call 800 times before we're given due time. Thats great for someone. Not me.

Id like to keep this to people posting about racer x transmission rebuilds and the good, bad, and ugly that comes with them.

JD3020

Reaction score
"Hi Tyler,
I’m quoting you a Full Custom 4R100 4x4 transmission with Eagle X6TC Torque Converter, new sensors, new cooler with fittings, flex line, extra filters and shipping.* " 4928.00

Whats that rated for? Is that like the top of the line, able to handle anything build?

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
"Hi Tyler,

Does this include fluid?? Looks like his pricing is right in line with BTS also. You cant go wrong either way. I have seen many customers happy with his Trans

TyCorr

Reaction score
Ummm that price was quoted as everything. New trans cooler, lines, complete trans with external filters(get six filters with the new trans) new sensors and they are building the trans to be rated for 700hp in diesel truck. Ron explained that he takes my hp goal and actually builds the trans to hold substantially more than what I ask for so that it will be reliable. During the two years of warranty coverage I can hook it to a sled, a tree, another truck, drag race, or whatever. He said I can upgrade it if I decide to go higher on hp. I actually told them I wanted to run 3-400 cc hybrids and a 200% nozzle and that I was also going to run another stage of induction in front of the 38r and they said "No problem." They apparently have trannys capable of holding over 1000hp.

He's going to check with a certified dealer of theirs in northern, IL and see if he will handle all the legwork and then I can just go there and pick up the box when its done vs shipping the core and the new one.

Told me it'll hold 700hp as long as anybody would wanna hold it open.LOL I also told them a lighter more fuel friendly tuning would be used most of the time for dd. He said running their trans at lower outputs and keeping up on the maintenance, it'll outlast the truck...

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i said this a few years back, ill say it again, patty feeds you cookies, john wood feeds you bud light. pick your poison. LOL

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
Ummm that price was quoted as everything. New trans cooler, lines, complete trans with external filters(get six filters with the new trans) new sensors and they are building the trans to be rated for 700hp in diesel truck. Ron explained that he takes my hp goal and actually builds the trans to hold substantially more than what I ask for so that it will be reliable. During the two years of warranty coverage I can hook it to a sled, a tree, another truck, drag race, or whatever. He said I can upgrade it if I decide to go higher on hp. I actually told them I wanted to run 3-400 cc hybrids and a 200% nozzle and that I was also going to run another stage of induction in front of the 38r and they said "No problem." They apparently have trannys capable of holding over 1000hp.

He's going to check with a certified dealer of theirs in northern, IL and see if he will handle all the legwork and then I can just go there and pick up the box when its done vs shipping the core and the new one.

Told me it'll hold 700hp as long as anybody would wanna hold it open.LOL I also told them a lighter more fuel friendly tuning would be used most of the time for dd. He said running their trans at lower outputs and keeping up on the maintenance, it'll outlast the truck...

So they ship it with Fluid in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.