Radar Detectors

David S.

Reaction score
Howd I know this thread would end up here.

that's what I'm saying.

Honestly the main reason for me getting a radar detector is for window tint. One week I got 4 tickets for tint. I never can spot cops Im always messing around with other stuff.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Check out http://www.radardetector.org/

Guy has a lot of tests and info. Ive got all my tickets except my first with one. I bought it the next day only had my license less than a week. But it has saved me a lot. I jus always have to remind myself that no matter how good one is you cant laser will always get you. Because every time mine goes off for a laser its to late. And with talking with my uncle he only uses his laser or lascar no beating either.

For about $400 you can beat laser all day long bud. The beauty is laser jammers aren't really illegal in most states, and the high end ones will double as a "motion sensor" for parking, so if a cop ever asked about it you could tell him it's for parking your truck in your garage.

William_04_X has some really good vids on youtube of his excursion driving head on at a laser gun and jamming it the entire time.

David S.

Reaction score
how to the laser jammers work? just interfere with the cop? does he know that you have the jammers?

SDS97_7.3

Reaction score
Yeah you can beat laser jammers and even though in some states they aren't illegal, they can still get around it and nail you for it. Ive known a few people to have them and they don't always work and then when they get pulled over not all the cops around here will believe that and they know what it is, then they nit pick at any tiny thing they can and you've got a handful of citations. We've got a lot of people running them so the cops know.

Thats another thing that sucks about vascar. Rode with my uncle and he showed me how it all worked there is no possible way of getting around the cops that have it and most around here do

bbbxcursion

Reaction score
I used to have the laser pro park on my truck. It worked really well, I just never put it back on when I changed my front end.

william_04_x

Reaction score
Common sense is your best defense. A V1 can help you to be aware of what's around you. If you are in the city a lot, they can get pretty chatty. On the open road, there's nothing better. I picked up CHP from over 5 miles last weekend driving through the desert to LA. Mines mounted high, with a remote display.

81326449.jpg

If there's a lot of laser used where you're at, there are systems that can protect you from those threats.

william_04_x

Reaction score
It's only lit like that when you first power it on. Normally it's dark. Individual LED's light when it picks something up.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Glad you stopped in here William.

Most time's when laser jammers aren't working properly, it's user error, usually related to the install. They need to have a clear field of view and need to be LEVEL. They do work.

I also see you got the LED upgrade on the remote display william? Looks good. Post that vid of your truck driving head on at a laser gun if you can?

The idea behind laser jammers is that you leave it on. When an officer shoots at you with laser, your detector picks it up. You immediately slow down to the posted speed limit (if you're actually speeding), then shut the jammer off. At that point the cop can get a reading of your speed. He will probably not be happy, so it's best to make this all a fluid quick motion. Don't drive by a cop shooting laser and leave your jammers on the entire time, he's gonna know something is up. Or like William said, just use common sense. You can always just not speed too. Right.

David S.

Reaction score
Common sense is your best defense. A V1 can help you to be aware of what's around you. If you are in the city a lot, they can get pretty chatty. On the open road, there's nothing better. I picked up CHP from over 5 miles last weekend driving through the desert to LA. Mines mounted high, with a remote display.

81326449.jpg

If there's a lot of laser used where you're at, there are systems that can protect you from those threats.

i don't think I'd drill into a dash just for a radar detector

Mdub707

Reaction score
i don't think I'd drill into a dash just for a radar detector

That's not the detector. That is just a remote mount, so when the detector is mounted way up on the windshield, it's not lit up like a x-mas tree for a cop to see. Or you can mount it outside in the grill or something. That display he has is an extra option and you can mount it where ever you'd like.

MUDSTROKIN'

Reaction score
A few months back a friend wanted to ride in my truck and i asked him to bring his V1 along so he did, we mounted it up and took off. Went through town, did some things, then hit the interstate on our way back. Everything looked good so i pushed the truck a bit to have a little fun, had the speedo pegged out for a few seconds and them BAM V1 lit up that i had just been lasered :lookaround: My friend looked at me and said "well thats not good" i said "let me guess, we just got lasered?" Yeap. Never saw the cop and he never came after me? I don't know how that worked but i was happy. Everywhere else it worked great though, just can't beat that laser

David S.

Reaction score
A few months back a friend wanted to ride in my truck and i asked him to bring his V1 along so he did, we mounted it up and took off. Went through town, did some things, then hit the interstate on our way back. Everything looked good so i pushed the truck a bit to have a little fun, had the speedo pegged out for a few seconds and them BAM V1 lit up that i had just been lasered :lookaround: My friend looked at me and said "well thats not good" i said "let me guess, we just got lasered?" Yeap. Never saw the cop and he never came after me? I don't know how that worked but i was happy. Everywhere else it worked great though, just can't beat that laser

radar detectors are illegel in VA you know:poke:

just kidding. Mine does that sometimes too. It did that when I went by an airport and I wasn't speeding but I kept looking around for the cop, never saw anything.

Tom S

Reaction score
I would like to have one that would smoke the equipment in photo radar vans here. I hate them with a passion. A drive by tax machine.

David S.

Reaction score
I would like to have one that would smoke the equipment in photo radar vans here. I hate them with a passion. A drive by tax machine.

wow that sucks I'm glad we don't have those around me or I'd be broker than hell

Members online

No members online now.