Radiator leaking

TyCorr

Reaction score
Pack extra coolant. Its not to crazy of a leak yet.

I have a 7.3. I know about carrying extra coolant, and a cps, and a ipr, and a icp sensor, and a full toolset. Spare brakes dont hurt. Oh and hpo lines. Oh, and a couple gallons of oil.

6.4BeastStroke

Reaction score
Mishimoto came out with a blog post hypothesizing that excessive play in the body of these trucks causes the damage. Considering how the truck is basically a 15 year old design with new motor parts, this makes sense. They say to ensure that body mounts are changed when needed to help prevent.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
Mishimoto came out with a blog post hypothesizing that excessive play in the body of these trucks causes the damage. Considering how the truck is basically a 15 year old design with new motor parts, this makes sense. They say to ensure that body mounts are changed when needed to help prevent.
Hmm interesting.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
-6-7l-powerstroke-aluminum-primary-radiator-2011-5.jpg

http://www.mishimoto.com/ford-6-7l-powerstroke-aluminum-radiator-11.html

Perfect, found my fix.

FORD-DNA

Reaction score
Yea. In a thread about a newer truck that has issues, what did you expect? "Hey bro, thats fantastic that your radiator is leaking!" There are people piling in these threads when someone has an issue "mine is doing that too".

I just got rid of a two year old truck that had a hundred and some change on the odometer because we could barely keep it running. So yea, I think my comment stands. Doesnt really matter if its a ford, chevy/gmc, or ram.

Its cool that people love the 6.7s and the interiors are top notch but running 60k miles per year, I dont have time for crappy stock fuel systems and a driveline that exhibits vibration issues after 40k miles because ill have that on this truck way before a year is up.

My post wasnt so much negative as "Hey Ill take my 15 year old motor technology in a new truck" lol. I know at 100k miles the drivers side manifold bolts will probably break. The fuel pump will sound like it has gravel in it around that time. Turbo will go shortly after that. Its gonna start leaking coolant and oil anyday since I have 10k miles on it. Of that Im positive. I think since the superduty costs more than the other two, they are using cheap parts on the most expensive trucks. Thats all.

Ive got a 14 duramax/alli 3500 srw cclb z71.

Sounds like you had a rough go around with a 6.7L... Please explain further....What year truck, what was all the problems you had, what aftermarket upgrades had you done????

I got a two year old truck with 70K on it and I should approach 90-100k by the end of the year. Curious what to expect from your point of view?

Jesse_01

Reaction score
Personal I have a early build 2011 f350 cclb king ranch. Has every option possible including dual alternators. Running delete & gearhead tunes. Here is the issues I have ran in to.

2 exhaust egt sensors
1 egr
1 nox sensor
1 egr valve
3 lpfp
1 fuel guage
Fuel tank vents plugged
Leaking radiator
Nav stopped playing videos
Battery light on and no one can figure out why.
Replaced every ball joint and tie rod end

I run 34.5"×11.5" all highway driving pretty much.

Could be worse, I haven't gone through a turbo or have a valve crack and take out engine lol

TyCorr

Reaction score
No. I havent ran a superduty with a 6.4 or 6.7. In 06 I got an 07 lbz, I got an 08 dmax in late 07, in late 10 I got an 11 dmax(was in the fence about the 6.7 but did have one for a week to test drive), in late 11 I got a 12 dmax, two months ago I got a 2014 dmax. I have NOT ran the 6.7. My dad is on #2 6.7. He had a 6.4 when they first came out and the fuel mileage and other emissions related failures caused him to dump it with 20k on the clock. He ran a couple dodges with the cummins until the 6.7 came out. He also drives a gasser f150. He bought that in 04 and drives it a mile from their house to the shop. Stays clean. He just replaced the stock tires this summer lol. It has 42k on it.

Sorry for the history lesson but the only powerstroke I own currently is my first one a 00 7.3.

I am sticking with the duramax simply because I know what to expect mile for mile as im on about the 5th one. My 12 had 120ish thousand when it was traded this summer.

I post just to give some reference to people. There isnt a bad diesel truck out in the current model year. YOU just have to decide what risks you want to live with. Maybe next go round ill get a superduty but its not likely.

If I was buying a personal use hd pickup it would be a super duty diesel for sure. But for all around use and ease of trailering, the duramax is getting better every damn year.

Latest posts

Members online