Radio upgrade

co04cobra

Reaction score
There isnt an extra 12v positive or ground with the 05 up. Also theres no curve in the radio. And the colors are different

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk

P4150499.jpg

Don't know...? They look the same to me. The schematic had the same color wires listed to except for the 2 I listed earlier...Is it wrong to?

Have you ever did the install?

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
There is a signal wire in the loom for steering wheel controls. There is also a wire in the loom for speed that controls the adjustable volume bbased on vehicle speed. Past that you should have speaker wires 4?. 12v memory. 12v switchable for power on. A wire for illumination and a ground.

co04cobra

Reaction score
There is a signal wire in the loom for steering wheel controls. There is also a wire in the loom for speed that controls the adjustable volume bbased on vehicle speed. Past that you should have speaker wires 4?. 12v memory. 12v switchable for power on. A wire for illumination and a ground.

Yes I know. The grey and black is signal VSS for the speed vol. Then another switched 12v and ground to power that system.

What I don't understand is I had wired 3 or 4 other ones and no problems and then the last 2, NADA for sound. Even with voltage coming out of the radio. Has to be something simple I put an aftermarket stereo in to get the job finished.

Its just been driving me nuts as to why it didn't work this time.

Dave

Reaction score
Yup I have. Former MECP certified installer. I will see if I still have the schematic somewhere

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online