Radius Arm front suspension

tonto13

Reaction score
Has anyone done a Radius Arm front suspension on these trucks? Any links or advice. Basically looking at converting the front suspension to the same as a Bronco front suspension.

Lang

Reaction score
Has anyone done a Radius Arm front suspension on these trucks? Any links or advice. Basically looking at converting the front suspension to the same as a Bronco front suspension.

Google it. OBS coil conversion etc... Hell search on here, there is 1

tonto13

Reaction score
I have read and know about the new axle conversion. I have to much money in the axle and wheels to start over. And just searching options. I have searched a lot. Not a lot of info about it.

thirty two

Reaction score
When you searched leave out the word power stroke and try searching ford Dana 60 coil sprung setup. There's tons of info and so many different options you could choose.

If u want 78-79 fullsize bronco style... they sell those radius arms with the weld on <> parts that weld to the Dana 60 axle after u cut off perches. Just look on fullsizebronco and a few SAS coil threads

backwoodsboy

Reaction score
If you're going to do all the necessary fabrication for radius arms, you might as well four-link it. IMO

kanuck15

Reaction score
Thirty Two is pretty much spot on. The real only way to do this without a ton of your own fab work for mounts is cut off the spring perches. Weld wedges on the axle then use a nice set of long arms for a late 70s truck or bronco

Ive been thinking about it a lot recently as Ive got a spare 60 to play with

tonto13

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Been reading on full size bronco some. I can fab the parts. Just don't want to if I don't have to. Big plus if most of the stuff is already there and ready to go. Kanuck15 what have you found so far in your search?

kanuck15

Reaction score
Basically if you dont want to fab anything you are going to be using 78-79 bronco coil buckets. Use their lift coils also (beware that you usually end up with 3 inches more lift than the advertised lift of the coil. IE 6 inch equals 9 inch).

This page here has pretty much every part you would need to do your swap

http://www.dufftuff.com/category_s/89.htm?searching=Y&sort=13&cat=89&show=10&page=1

I am rather fond of Duff as I had their stuff on a ranger of mine and it was top notch. Worth every penny

tonto13

Reaction score
I already have the rsk on mine right now. Only wanting another 1-1.5" of lift in the front. Looking at having springs custom made for the rear. Mine sits about 1.5" lower in rear than the front.

thirty two

Reaction score
Before I did a one ton swap on my 150 I used skyjackers coil springs and they rode really nice I would suggest them. My setup was a danna 44 with the wedges and stock radius arms with just a drop bracket for the radius arms and than I had to fab a track bar mount that bolted to frame using the power steering bolts and holes than I welded it in place also and than got longer bolts for steering box. I had 9inches of complete lift and didn't have high steer and my truck ran down the highway no problem. If I had pics I would post but I don't. I had dual stabilizers too.

Obsledpuller

Reaction score
Before I did a one ton swap on my 150 I used skyjackers coil springs and they rode really nice I would suggest them. My setup was a danna 44 with the wedges and stock radius arms with just a drop bracket for the radius arms and than I had to fab a track bar mount that bolted to frame using the power steering bolts and holes than I welded it in place also and than got longer bolts for steering box. I had 9inches of complete lift and didn't have high steer and my truck ran down the highway no problem. If I had pics I would post but I don't. I had dual stabilizers too.

From what I saw it looked good too! Got that thing put back together yet?

thirty two

Reaction score
Ya man its dropped to about 5 inches of lift and on 33s now but fits 35's. Since I sold u the 7.3 engine I picked up a 4bt Cummins I'm having built up now. Easier swap for me.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
Better to do a complete '05 up axle swap and 4 link it...been doing these for 6 years. Drives so much better and stops better than any SD.

JCart

Reaction score
Cary the SD axles are wider then the OBS ones yes? By how much? And are they like the OBS set up, front is wider then rear too? I've only seen one OBS here with 05 coils with stock trailing arms and I didn't like the rim configuration due to axle length mind you only had a glimpse on highway moving look only.

jrc

Latest posts

Members online