randomly running rough

big johnson

Reaction score
ok so I was having problems with my truck running rough and losing power so I checked the codes and I had a ebpv code so i decided it would be a good time to go ahead and switch to the 1.15 housing on my 38r. It ran a little rough for a few minutes but it seemed to clear up and ran like a champ. that was on Sunday. I didnt get to run it up and down the road as much as I wanted to but i never really had any problems just seemed to take a little longer to warm up which I figured was normal because it didnt have the ebpv. then yesterday, Friday I had a pull about a hour away. The truck ran fine on the way up there but it sat for about 5 or 6 hours before I started it up to get lined up. So after I started moving it around it seemed like it was running a little rough like it was cold, I turned the chip to hi idle to warm up for a little bit then when I was in the hole I turned it to the setting I always pull in. I noticed it was running slightly rough and once I got hooked to the sled I put the truck in 2 in 4 wheel lo like always and held down the brake to rev it up and it got to about 12 or 15 hundred rpms and it wouldnt rev over that so I would slightly let off and it stalled. this happened twice and I also noticed it was smoking alot more then normal. the third time I started it up put it in drive and turned the chip to what I normaly drive it down the road on and once it started to pull away i quickly turned the chip up and pulled it into 2nd and it pulled but it was deffinately under powered. I was messing with it this morning trying to see if it would rough again but it wouldnt it ran like a champ. has anybody had this happen to them or have any suggestions for me??

big johnson

Reaction score
Not sure what your talking about. But wouldn't that have been deleted with the 1.15 housing and the non complex turbo mount? I was wondering if it could possibly be a injector wire harness? But I would think I would be getting codes from that?

Bobby@cp

Reaction score
Not sure what your talking about. But wouldn't that have been deleted with the 1.15 housing and the non complex turbo mount? I was wondering if it could possibly be a injector wire harness? But I would think I would be getting codes from that?

No the ebp tube is at the front of the motor.

If a harness is unplugged.....climb up and check that.

big johnson

Reaction score
Were is it at and if it's a harness I'm thinking a injector harness under the valve cover cuz I had to replace one before when I did the injectors

purpleheart350

Reaction score
It should be connected to the hpop res. on the passenger side. And it is hooked to the pass side exhaust manifold. If you ever took the hpop cover off then you have seen it.

TARM

Reaction score
Its actually connected to the front cover right where the HPOP gear port is which is right below the HPOP res.

big johnson

Reaction score
talked to Dave at swamps today and he said it sounded like something with my torque convertor so Ill call the trans shop in the morning and try to take it in soon

TARM

Reaction score
Have you checked your IPR and ICP sensors. I would trust Dave's opinion first as he has worked on more 7.3 than I have seen on the road LOL but those are something easy to check.

big johnson

Reaction score
i looked at my codes I had a IAT sensor code and EBP tube code so I waited for it to run rough again and it did so I put a new IAT sensor while it was running and it continued to run rough so I shut it off unplugged the ebp sensor started up and its been runnung fine for now.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.