Reach out and intro

rolltidediesel

Reaction score
Hey yall,
So finally made my move to my first diesel build. It will be built off my 2012 F250 Lariat. As of now I have been in talks with working with RC again or possible reach out to another company. Possible Road Armor support as I wasn't able to add their parts on my last build(jeep). So figured I would look on here and see if I could get feedback. Please let me know how you are enjoying your 8"/9" lift and the brand. Some key items would be road handling quality and zero trim. I kneed feedback from folks that have these type of kits, not heard it from a friend or guy who knew a guy...you get what i mean lol. It will get a 37" tire as I have done just to many 40" builds and like to stay lower this go around. Unsure on tire as still calling around to companies. Rims will be a 22x12 with no more than a -44OS. Again, nothing locked down yet on this.

Thanks for any all feedback and if you want to reference a company that you purchased please do so as I could give them a call for some of these items.

Here are some teaser shots of just my last two builds,
2010 Jeep. 1 ton axle swap, lift and, and ,and...and lol!
PSX_20160108_182603_zpsk7l5pkzt.jpg

JP Mag shot sub :p
PSX_20160108_201948_zpswqmwa56s.jpg

2008 F150. 15" 3rd Coast one-off build. Truckin shot sub..better Unbroken :p
4faa1eb7cb8ad16bf0def3c0beb6cfae_zps84ef3bce.jpg

And some fun :)
null_zps2ea4f059.jpg

Last edited:

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
May get some heat for a "build thread" that is suspension and wheels , most build threads here are in depth motor & Trans builds. Topic and feedback May be better in the suspension section of forum.

Welcome to the forum !

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Truckin did a shoot with no center caps and a bare license plate bracket? They're slipping since Dan and Max left. There's no Truckin watermark either....weird.

rolltidediesel

Reaction score
AirFish, my apologies. If it needs to be moved I understand. Unbroken, its not weird. It was a photo-shoot sent to the mag...but i picked up what you was implying LOL..then again i did come off like it was a shot from them :p

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
So you sent in a pic for a "readers rides" type thing. Got it.
See my avatar for a real Truckin photo shoot pic.

Notneb

Reaction score
So all you're doing is lifting it a stupid amount and leave the motor stock? Not going to garner much favor around the diesel community doing that, seeing as every moron with daddies money does that...

Just saying, little different community than gassers and Jeeps... Don't forget center caps this time at least ;)

Jeep looks cool, like it's usable! F150... Not so much.

baddkarmaracing

Reaction score
Had the same exact feeling. I also never understood the reasoning behind that type of lift either. Really not gaining much of anything with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i understand them to a point but that is a crazy amount lift. why not just solid axle swap it.

shmoozer

Reaction score
Mostly what I'm talking about. You're only going to get so much travel out of the stock control arms. The scaffolding look on the front of these giant lifts looks good plain ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
Nothing but Carli! Love their products, and the R&D they put into their products is insane!

rolltidediesel

Reaction score
Well then. This thread post got active. Much appreciated with the suspension information. Also, let me take a minute to respond back.

Notneb:
I want to have a my own taste. If you build something off of everyone else opinions, why not just give them the money and do nothing as nothing was your own personal taste anyways. "Daddy money" huh?? I am 32, 3 kids and a wife and have been in the military for almost 15 years. I said bye to someone taking care of me a long time ago. You dont put center caps on manual hubs on a jeep if you wheel it. The F150 wasn't meant to be "used"; which I never understood who made the rules of what you must use your truck for? It was driven and I threw stuff in the back, I guess that's just not using it...?

baddkarmaracing:
It would seem that way. With the way it was built, it maintained close to stock CV angle and rolled fine with the 4.10. Its not my preferred method but, gotta check all types out to be well rounded lol As for SAS, its not just, hey why not swap. There is a massive amount of things to cover when doing something like that, as I learned with the D60 swap and 14B swap on my jeep.

shmoozer:
As mentioned before, it was more for enjoyment not so much hauler haha!

shmoozer:
Its really not to ridiculous in a business sense or for folks that want a nice look "they" enjoy and no intentions to "use" the truck :)

I will be straight with yall. To build my truck with off-road in mind would, to me not be of much "off-road" use. If I wanted to off-road (no i dont mean a mud hole) but an actual rock-crawling, trail riding, flying vehicle I would have kept my Jeep. This truck will be the tow rig for that toy LOL. It gives me a little smile when I do go onto a forum and see, "I'm totally building this truck for off-road". Yet, again I see only mud holes...is that the bar to be considered an "off-road" ride? But to also look at it from another angle, maybe that is what that person likes and I say heck yea, have fun! Why work so hard to find why its wrong and so little in good feedback to someone who is excited about what that want to do or have done.

Just so I leave on a comment for the thread heading. I was looking at Carli and really like it but cost is a little high for what it will be used for. Now I dont mean not gonna happen but just some more folks around my area I have to talk to that run them and maybe drive one to make a firm decision. Really, that is what I am currently doing. When I see a lifted F250, I will ask them what lift and how they like it, yea its a creeper move haha!

Oh and here is the truck in its natural state :p
PSX_20160525_171306_zpsp9udbrdv.jpg

rolltidediesel

Reaction score
Oh none of the responses are/where meant to start argument but more of the chance to give a response. Its in no way a , what I mean and what I think is the most correct way or thought. Just wanted to give some feedback. Look forward to response.

Latest posts

Members online