Reaching for 600hp but cant get there...help

madman1234509

Reaction score
I wouldnt be surprised.... Many 6.4s, esp ones with moderate or high mileage on them wont maintain rp with a full out race tune. It could also be the transmission, or even a boost leak by the sounds of it, its hard to say. Wouldnt hurt to do a leak test.

MaineiacF250

Reaction score
I just went out and did a half a dozen WOT runs and the lowest rail pressure I saw was 24780 at WOT for good 1/4 mile and would build to 54-55lbs of boost

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
When did you purchase your steed speed manifolds? I have tested them the first go around and my truck lost a bunch of power as well as torque. If you have the first set of these, I have no doubt that is the issue.

B585Ford

Reaction score
no TC slip noticed and will do a boost leak test later in the week. I appreciate all the help

If you have a DD, you can monitor TC slip. With that big of tires and a stock tranny I would think that could be an issue (along with a leak).

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I purchased the manifolds in December from Rudys

I am willing to bet that this is your issue. I bet if you ditch the steed speeds and went either back to stock or with 6.0 manifolds and custom up pipes you will see a good increase. I was down this same road last winter.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I am willing to bet that this is your issue. I bet if you ditch the steed speeds and went either back to stock or with 6.0 manifolds and custom up pipes you will see a good increase. I was down this same road last winter.

i recall hearing something about this steed speed issue.

madman1234509

Reaction score
If you dont find anything boost leak wise or transmission wise I wouldnt hesitate to sell your up pipes andmanis and get stock, or 6.0 manifolds

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Was it not said they would replace them for the ones sold before the v2 came out...

If it was, you still need to get new up pipes because the flange will be different from the old steed speed to the new ones. Personally, I would ditch them all together and go back with stockers or the 6.0 manifolds and up pipes.

Latest posts

Members online